What do you think of this community?

Queries and feedback on how this site is run. No care questions.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re: What do you think of this community?

Post by Wai »

I've heard of Tapatalk, but I didn't know what it was and don't use it myself. Does anyone else here use it too?
Wai
RebsCritters
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 5
Total gallons: 292
Total tanks: 9

Post by RebsCritters »

I don't use it, but I know there is another hermit crab forum that does and it has many active members. I personally stick to browsers. Might be worth a shot, though, to get more people back here. Everything is mobile these days, y'know? So it couldn't hurt to try it out. The website will stay where it is, it just gives people access through an app on their mobile device where they can "collect" (in a sense) all their favorite forums.
Might be nice to have a thriving community here again?
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Post by aussieJJDude »

Its does help especially if you are on the go and don't always have access, I personally believe it will help many and also entice people to join since society is constantly on the move and gives people the flexibility to access there favourite sites whenever they can.
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

So many here in this country have bypassed computers and laptops! Personally, my tablet ill not let me view this site correctly nonetheless reply. Any way to get an app or create an app for HCP that is user friendly?
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
lstarks
Zygote
Zygote
Total gallons: 20

Post by lstarks »

Hey I'm a new user and I quick wanted to say I love checking on here and seeing all the positive feedback and info. My boyfriend and I got our hermit crabs July of last year. This community helped us keep our hermits healthy!
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65

Post by aussieJJDude »

Along the lines of the tapatalk, if you want more info and to work out pricing and whatnot you will find it listed here:
https://tapatalk.com/index.php
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
TheChateau
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 1
Total gallons: 50
Total tanks: 3

Post by TheChateau »

I have found your site to be an invaluable source of information. My family are new to hermit crabs, but we are really enjoying them and tweaking the crabitat to make it a perfect environment for them. I particularly like that you are in Melbourne too so the references to suitable supplies are ones I am able to find locally. Keep up the good work!
wolf_of_sorrow
Zygote
Zygote
Total gallons: 5
Total tanks: 1

Post by wolf_of_sorrow »

How many active members are apart of this community?
StellaCrab
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 13
Total gallons: 125

Post by StellaCrab »

I never knew of this community, but one day I found it when searching for a hermit crab related topic!

When I clicked it and realized that it was a forum, I went ahead and made an account because I like being a part of communities that deal with pets and animals, and I never thought twice about it. It had been a long time after registering had I returned, things were busy elsewhere and forgetting to come back on here. It's a great community, except for the lack of activity, it could be a bit more active. Nonetheless, I like being on it, because I visit every day to read some posts and make changes to my profile.

I will continue to visit and be online here as often as I can.
alexsmith123
Zygote
Zygote

Post by alexsmith123 »

I love this community, I learned a lot of things to be honest. I visit this forum at least once a week