Gizaroo
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 19
Total tanks: 4

Here's my new setup

Post by Gizaroo »

I have the heater and stuff setup in the 10 gal tank with Banjo and Blu. I used some glass gem/marble things on the bottom half of the tank covering the heater, then put sand over it. There's about 2 inches of sand in the tank currently. So far the thermostat seems to be working....I'm trying to get the temp set right now...Been slowly increasing it since yesterday. I have an old fish tank thermometer that I have in the sand right now until I can get something else (unless that is ok to keep in there).

Anyways, here's some pics of the new setup! I think this is my favorite so far :)

Here's Banjo where she chose to molt...she has 3 legs left to eat. She's so pretty from what I've seen so far! (She's in the small Babylonian shell)

And here's Blu...he explored the tank and settled straight here...right in the middle of the tank where the regular sand meets the heated sand. lol
"My chief concern is to try to be an humble, earnest Christian."- Robert E. Lee

"If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag."-author unknown

Owned by 2 Belgian malinois, 1 mixed breed, 3 parrots, 3 bettas and 6 hermies: Blu, Skip, Theo, Scuttles, Spudnut, and 3 new E's. Rip Blaze,Luka, and Banjo.
hermie_lover3542
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 17
Total gallons: 84
Total tanks: 5

Re: Here's my new setup

Post by hermie_lover3542 »

Nice I really like it! I would suggest deeper sand though.
*~-proud hermie mommy of 15-~*
They are Hermie the 2nd(medium pp), T.J.(medium pp), Big Daddy(large pp), Tank(Jumbo pp), Pearl(large pp), DigDug(medium pp), Freaky Fred(small pp),courage(Medium pp), Strawberry Shortcake(small pp), Tiny Timantha(tiny pp), T-rex(giant Indo), Bruce(medium strawberry), Autumn(medium blueberry), and Hor-Hay(medium blueberry).
Gizaroo
Zoea V
Zoea V

Post by Gizaroo »

It'll be deeper at some point...I need to get more sand. But I'm also holding off until all my guys finish molting and I also want to make sure they are all over the PPS stage. :) Plus, being only a 10 gal tank, I can only put so much sand in it without the logs touching the lid lol

"If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag."-author unknown

Owned by 2 Belgian malinois, 1 mixed breed, 3 parrots, 3 bettas and 6 hermies: Blu, Skip, Theo, Scuttles, Spudnut, and 3 new E's. Rip Blaze,Luka, and Banjo.
JamesW
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 3
Total gallons: 0
Total tanks: 0

Post by JamesW »

Hello There,
Wow that sure is a great tank ill post picture of my Crabitat one day soon, Im sure Gizmo, Rocky And Sandy Would love to go onto a forum.
Thanks
JamesW
Gizaroo
Zoea V
Zoea V

Post by Gizaroo »

I bought a new bag of sand the other day and finally added some more sand to the 10 gal tank for Banjo and Blu. I will add the remainder of the sand to the 5.5 gal tank when the other two lil hermies come up. They've both (skip and the really shy tiny one) been buried down for about 4 days now. I don't know if they're molting or not, but I'm not disturbing them to find out. The other little guy has been above ground for the last week and I've had the pleasure of getting to watch him during the day and at night :) He's really cute, and is doing well! :)

There is about 4 inches of diggable sand in the tank now, with an inch and a half of glass gems over the UTH. Blu seemed to want to dig earlier, so I wanted to get some extra sand in there in case he is thinking of molting soon.

He and Banjo chowed down on the sweet potatoes I put in there last night!

Image They both love their pots!

ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

Your tank is becoming more and more of a happy hermie home! Nice work!!
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Gizaroo
Zoea V
Zoea V

Post by Gizaroo »

Thanks! :D I just wish I had more income so I could do more lol. I still need to get a thermostat for the 5.5 gal tank...but they're 60 dollars that I don't have extra at the moment :/