babesbarn
Zoea III
Zoea III
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Bird Toy Coconut Shell from Amazon

Post by babesbarn »

Hi Everyone...I have had my hermies for over nine years. I found a few things on Amazon dot com which maybe you could find elsewhere that the Hermies seems to like. I purchased for only a few dollars a Hanging Coconut with an opening large enough for a big Hermit Crab. It can accommodate numerous hermies. It has a ladder but the ladder may fall off sometime. That is ok because the long cord hanger is perfect to attach to the top of your screen or just wedge it from the top. The Hermit Crabs find it eventually and once One Hermie is in the others will follow. It is a great place to hang out and they can be seen and get enough light for health. I have my hermies in a 55 gallon tank as I have four and have then over 9 years. I find that a room that has Southern exposure of light is really good for them if you live in the Northeastern States. They do need "some" sunlight in which to be healthy. After all, they are natural in the Tropics and even though they like to hang out in the shade, they do like daylight. The coconut toy is really for a Bird but you will find that there are no painted parts on it and take the metal off and you are good to go.I actually had to buy a second coconut house because one of my Hermies is so large that he needs his own hut. I wish I could post the pictures but unfortunately only FB has the pictures on them and I can't seem to post from my computer images for this forum. however, if you are interested in other things I am doing for nourishment etc., please feel free to check out my Journal last posting. I gave some tips that I think will save money in feeding the hermies. Sometimes its very difficult to get what is necessary without "breaking the bank" so to speak. Merry Christmas to you from myself and Jumbo, Spiderman, Mudslide and Scout...