POPPIT
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 69
Total tanks: 3

Bjork Wooden House?

Post by POPPIT »

I wanted to get this Trixie Bjork Wooden Hamster House but wanted to ask if anyone knows if it would be safe...Its from a pet store not far from me so it shouldnt have chemicals on it....I think my crabs would love this over their current plastic hamster dome and igloo..Would like to hear your advice and opinions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ginger
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 11
Total gallons: 60

Re: Bjork Wooden House?

Post by Ginger »

I would say no straight up Poppit - it definitely looks like pine to me, don't worry, I have considered them previously as well -I think if we could use them safely who knows how popular they would be with crabbers!
POPPIT
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 69

Post by POPPIT »

Awwww what a shame i really wanted to get them this.
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Post by aussieJJDude »

With a bit of DIY; you could essentially make your own. Wouldn't look the tank; but a few tupperware containers (stacked together with some holes cut out) and some EE/sand/pebbles siliconed on will make an interesting alternative - and you can boast about your DIY skills too!

Win win situation! XD
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.