Tetra8CClyPeatus
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 48
Total tanks: 2

Mopani Drift woods

Post by Tetra8CClyPeatus »

I was thinking about this woods to put in the crabitat.
But I donno if it is safe, so has anyone had any experience and reviews on having mopani wood in their crabitat.

Is it safe for hermit crabs??
8 (Ceonobita Clypeatus) Hexxus, Lexxie, Hansel, Gretel, Vigo, Rancid, Nemo and Dalek11+ Successful Molts[/color]
My website:
http://lhccenterprise.freeforums.org/index.php
Natatat
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 11
Total gallons: 70
Total tanks: 2

Re: Mopani Drift woods

Post by Natatat »

I have pieces of mopani in my tat no probs & my crabs are breeding :)
aka Nat_addicted to HC's http://www.ihavecrabs.com.au
babesbarn
Zoea III
Zoea III
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Re: Mopani Drift woods

Post by babesbarn »

I tried that wood and my hermies did not seem to be interested in even being on it. So I took it out and changed it to a huge stone rock cave which they love. And I have cork pieces arranged so that they can climb, and another piece to go under in a dig. My Hercules looks great after returning from his three month molt. Spiderman is left his old green/brown shell for a bigger one. He tried to go back into it a few days after just to see if it fit. And when I saw how HUGE his body was OMG, I knew why he left it. He really grew! He left that shell within the same half hour and decided the new bigger one was more comfortable. Knowing him he will stay in it a long time. Jumbo likes to sit on top of the big cave and climb up the cork. They are pretty active and seem happy. Good luck with your Mopani Drift Wood.