lilangel
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 3
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 2

plastic square climbing?

Post by lilangel »

Hi i am not too sure what it would be called but i bought two pieces of plastic plants and wanted to put them on the back glass of the tank so they have the option of climbing but wondered first if this would be safe for them to climb first? should i cut in half so it is not so high?

arhoads
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 3

Re: plastic square climbing?

Post by arhoads »

As far as I know anything plastic is fine, you might want to rinse it in dechlorinated water first to ensure any residue from manufacturing is removed. I try to stick with plants that are made for aquariums. As far as height is concerned that's up to you. I have climbing stuff that goes to the top of my tank BUT I know that it is very secure so they can't escape as well as making sure the items themselves don't fall. Alot of people use command hooks because you can remove those easily. Make sure you don't use any metal to secure it and that no metal is in the plant.
lilangel
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 3
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 2

Post by lilangel »

Thank you, yes its all plastic and the top with be closed off so they do not leave too.

I just wanted to make sure it was fine for them to climb at first scared if they did let go they may hurt them self of that sort. But now thinking of it some branches are pretty high too.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

The hermit crabs will tear off the leaves over time, so be prepared to clean up after them.
Wai