KyE
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 0
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Any tips on items from amazon?

Post by KyE »

I'm about to do an amazon order and was wondering if there are there any great items (plants, vines, dishes, huts) anybody has gotten from amazon that they recommend (I have come across some items, but I'm not sure of how good they are, so I am looking for some recommendations).

I have been researching hermit crabs the last few days and am about to start buying everything for them. I am on limited funds though, so I will be checking out dollar stores, craft stores, and walmart for cheaper items as well as opposed to buying expensive items from the pet store.

Thank you.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45

Re: Any tips on items from amazon?

Post by Wai »

I have bought supplies online before, but from eBay, since Amazon doesn't accept PayPal (I don't have a credit card).
Wai
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Post by CrabbyJo »

It is hard to say, as Amazon is a gateway to so many online stores.

I have used ThatPetPlace to order my heating (moon glo and day glo) bulbs, as they are cheap and their shipping starts at $8, and I can order quite a few bulbs before I hit the next level of shipping price.

I also order my shells from Ebay, one user I really like is Glassreign as she will bunch my orders together and give me a huge discount on shipping.

I suggest you ask about specific products you are thinking of purchasing, as it is hard to give a definitive list of good products.

Just stay away from anything that says it's hermit crab salt, make sure you buy a marine salt mix, don't purchase anything metal (even coated, crabs pinch and break plastic) and nothing that even LOOKS like pine or cedar (as in reptile half logs).
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
KyE
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 0
Total gallons: 20

Post by KyE »

Thanks. I've been researching hermit crabs like mad for the past couple weeks and have begun buying items. I didn't find anything I really wanted/wasn't sure about the couple items I was interested in (heating), so I didn't end up purchasing anything. This was a special order on amazon.com that I'm having shipped within the U.S. for cheap and having picked up (since I'm in Canada, shipping here is a lot more even though I live so close to the border).
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Post by CrabbyJo »

If you h ave any questions about specific products, do a search here first to see if it's been addressed yet, and if not, go ahead and ask, you'll get some good sound answers. :)
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
D'sCrabs
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 12
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 3

Post by D'sCrabs »

I am new to hermits too. I found a sight were I got 30 shells for 6 bucks and 5 shipping..total it was 12 and some change.. Wagnerscountrystore. They are on ebay but it's cheaper to order off there site.There is probably other place but it was the easiest for me to find. Plus they also have crabs themselves and told me alot about trying to pick the right shells..
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

D'sCrabs do you have a link to this site so we can see?
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
D'sCrabs
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by D'sCrabs »

ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

Thank you for the link! Sounds and looks interesting... I am going to need to browse the site when I have a little more time later!
If or when you get your order, please let us know...
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
D'sCrabs
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by D'sCrabs »

I have ordered and got my shells I was pleased with them.