emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Re: NEWBIE NEEDIN HELP!!!!

Post by emmac350 »

Just wanted to add - I know of quite a few crabbers who do use legos to make huts for their crabs. The substrate question has been answered elsewhere.
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Re: I am clueless!!!!

Post by CrabbyJo »

Hawtiebazil,
I've merged the several topics that you started so that all the information will be in one thread. When you make a lot of different posts, it gets confusing for those who are trying to help, as they can't recall what you said about your setup/crabs/whatever before. This will make it simpler to help you out. :)
So please do ask any new questions as a reply to this thread, that way we have a history of what's gone before, ok? Thanks!
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
crabsandhounds
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Re: I am clueless!!!!

Post by crabsandhounds »

Good substrate in Bunnings. It’s called ‘playsand’. It’s in the gardening section. If you can’t find it ask a staff member.