POPPIT
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 69
Total tanks: 3

Hammock shell shop

Post by POPPIT »

I just got this today...i had to untie and relocate the ladder flap but i think it should keep the shells nice and clean as well as a bit of a jungle gym...I still have to add the moss that the shells will sit on...They haven't climbed it yet but im hoping later tonight they get curious enough to climb up it..My 1st crab loves to climb even climbing the very first night i had them...the 2nd crab climbed for the first time last night...the 3rd crab who's a mr shell changer hasn't climbed yet and hopefully he starts as he changes shells a lot and now they are "upstairs"...If they dont climb it soon i will put them up on the hammock and see if they climb down which should give them confidence to climb it themselves.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ginger
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 11
Total gallons: 60

Re: Hammock shell shop

Post by Ginger »

Looks good! May I ask where you got it from?
POPPIT
Zoea II
Zoea II

Post by POPPIT »

Sure i got mine from ebay...Its called a lizard lounger i got the large corner coz it came with the flap style ladder (though i untied it and relocated it as it was in an awkward position for my crabs) was located in Australia too.
Ginger
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 11
Total gallons: 60

Post by Ginger »

Thanks very much! I may have a look at it sometime.
POPPIT
Zoea II
Zoea II

Post by POPPIT »

Maybe soak it in salt water first...i didn't and smelt a strong smell in my tank...i took it out and the smell is still there even though I left a small section of tank uncovered all day..i have to soak mine...hopefully it wasnt a chemical.