Brisad633
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

I can’t find my crab

Post by Brisad633 »

Hey guys! I have two hermit crabs, both in a 20 gallon. For the past almost 3 or 4 days I have not found my smallest crab, we call him baby. We’ve seen the other one running around, eating, sleeping, climbing. I assumed baby was just hiding and that I’d see him later but it’s already been a couple of days. I obviously don’t want to dig around just in case he’s moulting, but people usually make it sound like they know exactly where their crab is when they’re moulting. I have no sign of him anywhere. There’s no fishy smell, but I have noticed small mold mites (at least that’s what my research led me to). I know they can eat dead crabs, but I just realized these little bugs today where I realized some food had molded. I haven’t seen these before. Any suggestions on what i should do or signs to keep an eye out for??
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re: I can’t find my crab

Post by Wai »

Since you have a mite invasion, dig up all the crabs and do a deep clean of the tank. You can either throw the bedding out or thoroughly disinfect it. Please refer to the Crab Care section of the main website.
Wai