Hello, there! Meet Lucy, Ricky, Fred, and Ethel (and me!)

For off-topic chat. Please introduce yourself here.
Arirang
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 10
Total tanks: 1

Hello, there! Meet Lucy, Ricky, Fred, and Ethel (and me!)

Post by Arirang »

First, the boring bit about the non-crustacean.

I live at PetSmart and work for animals in my apartment. No, wait, I have that backwards... Or not. I have no life outside of my pets, really. I have four hermit crabs (named for my favorite sitcom, of course), plus a cat (Autumn, female torti DSH), a bearded dragon (Norbert, Western Minor), and a 5.5g aquarium I am currently upgrading to a 55g! I've had hermit crabs growing up, but due to the fact that my parents never really let me do what I needed to do for them, they only lasted a few years :( But now I am dedicated to giving these four long and happy lives!

The gang live in a 10-gallon ZooMed Hermit Crabitat. They have a woven grass hut (coconut shells are so cliche), and have suction-cup plants and a bridge to climb on. I use a combination of All Living Things calcium sand mixed with ZooMed EcoEarth. I keep their crabitat nice and warm, and very wet- usually around 60-70% humidity (dechlorinated, of course). My crabs love to sing, especially Ricky- I call it his nightly Babalu. Ethel just recently changed shells, so that's exciting, and Lucy is currently molting. Fred is new- the last Fred spontaneously died two days into his new life with me. What's with that, huh? He dropped some legs, so just the stress of the move, I guess. Made me sad :( Ricky's favorite spot is on the tippy-top of the hut, while Lucy and Ethel prefer to hang from the mesh lid of their house. I swear, hermit crabs are all insane. Isn't it the best?! ^_^

I hope to see you all around here!
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45

Re: Hello, there! Meet Lucy, Ricky, Fred, and Ethel (and me!)

Post by Wai »

Welcome! Are you Korean? 'Arirang' is a Korean word haha.
Wai
Arirang
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 10

Post by Arirang »

It is, but I am not. However, I am learning Korean! Arirang is the name of my favorite song ^_^ Good eye!
SheldonR
Zygote
Zygote

Post by SheldonR »

Arirang wrote: 02 Jun 2018, 02:45 It is, but I am not. However, I suggest nootropics and I am learning Korean! Arirang is the name of my favorite song ^_^ Good eye!
Seems like you have quite an entertaining gang there, Arirang! I'd love to see a pic of the tank as well.
Last edited by SheldonR on 18 Nov 2022, 00:09, edited 2 times in total.
alexsmith123
Zygote
Zygote

Post by alexsmith123 »

You have an entertaining gang out there looking forward for their pictures.
StellaCrab
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 13
Total gallons: 125
Total tanks: 2

Post by StellaCrab »

Hello, it's a pleasure to have you on our forum!