arhoads
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 3

bird toys for climbing

Post by arhoads »

Does anyone know if this would be safe? Planet Pleasures Round Veg Leather Tower Small 8in Natural Bird Toy
It says its made of coconut shell, vege leather and bamboo
My Spider (he's an E) loves to climb, I have hemp net but last night he was climbing across the screen top, I think I need more climbing gear for him!
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re: bird toys for climbing

Post by Wai »

Lucky bamboo is apparently unsafe, but I guess the product description won't mention what type of bamboo it is. I'm not sure about the vege leather either. Spider climbing across the screen top doesn't necessarily mean that he's got no better places to climb, so don't worry too much. :)
Wai
arhoads
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by arhoads »

thanks, its so hard to find hermie stuff where I live. I either have to drive almost an hour to Petco or order online. Guess I'll just order some Choya from hermitcrabaddiction
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

Got a Micheals, WalMart, dollar stores in your area? Let the imagination go wild, think out of the box. If safe, many things can be 'hermified'. :D
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
arhoads
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by arhoads »

my hubby saw a turtle item that he said he would get for me. I guess its a hidey hole but its really tall with ledges they can climb. I'll have to go check it out first.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

Sounds good to me! One thing I started making sure of when buying any form of a hut is that it has 2 doors or larger windows that they can get out of in case one is blocking the doorway.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.