misscrabby2you
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Hamster Balls

Post by misscrabby2you »

What I love to do with my hermit crabs is to put them in hamster balls. Guess what! They can actually move the ball around by themselves! Word of advice, buy the smallest one you can find so the hermit crab will be strong enough to move it around.
Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 6

Re: Hamster Balls

Post by Chermo »

I have one of these too, the only crab I have put in so far was Kermi and I think she enjoyed the unlimited exercise for the 10 minutes. Now that Orangy is getting less shy I will try her when I see her during the day since she usually buries down in the day and comes out at night.
Proud mommy of 2 beautiful daughters Kytana and Danica, 1 cat Princess and 1 dog Liebschen

Due to family issues my crabs have been adopted out to wizkidsmom (Cheryl), I know she will care for them like I did. Thanks Cheryl

RIP Orangy June 2009
erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 0

Post by erikleeson »

I have yet to try that.

Chermo, I keep hearing that your crabs are burying. Perhaps they are trying to molt? Is your substrate deep enough? Or maybe if the tank is to hot, they bury down to escape the heat. Just some thoughts they may just like being buried. Do they have a large shelter?
ERIK LEESON

These are currently living in a better home...
Zeke+Finnigan+Wesker+Mendez+Xavi+Garth+Zoidberg+Gomez+Gilbert+Bobo+Luther
SEE THEM HERE

Need help? I'm on here lots so PM me for any questions you need answered!

Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by Chermo »

My tank is great, temp and humidity are perfect now. I have a warm side and a cool side, 2 hiding huts, the bridge that they also hide under and my sand is 4" deep. All of them have molted once and Soupy just finished her 2nd molt. Crabs bury that is what they do, they come up every night to eat and stuff. I just wish they were out more in the day but being night creatures it is sometimes hard because I hate staring at a empty tank. I am hoping to eventually get a 20 gallon long sometime. I need to take care of other stuff first then I will get it and maybe I will see them better. The only crab I really worry about is Soupy I hardly ever see her but she is alive and has her 2nd exo next to her that she is eating so I hope to see her soon. So to answer your question my tank has the perfect conditions for them and they are happy when they are out and about climbing and running around, eatting, bathing. They bathe all the time and drink the fresh water all the time too. I only have 3 crabs so it is just a waiting game for me if I see them. I do see them alot but not as much as I would like to.
Proud mommy of 2 beautiful daughters Kytana and Danica, 1 cat Princess and 1 dog Liebschen

Due to family issues my crabs have been adopted out to wizkidsmom (Cheryl), I know she will care for them like I did. Thanks Cheryl

RIP Orangy June 2009
krabby_katie
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 9

Post by krabby_katie »

I need to get a small hamster ball. That'll be added to my list.
-Katie Forbes
Es: Mr. Krabs*Xena*Hubert*Clarice*Tank*Paras
PPs: Cosmo*Unknown*Darla

RIP: Sandy + Calypso + Kaluha + Jorgen von Strangle + Daisy + Mojo (assumed) + Stella
See them: http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w69/katelynforbes/
Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by Chermo »

krabby_katie wrote:I need to get a small hamster ball. That'll be added to my list.
Mine was $4.99 at petsmart.

RIP Orangy June 2009
krabby_katie
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 9

Post by krabby_katie »

Cool. I bet Darla and Xena would just LOVE it. So would Hubert, because he's always so desperate to escape. ;)
-Katie Forbes
Es: Mr. Krabs*Xena*Hubert*Clarice*Tank*Paras
PPs: Cosmo*Unknown*Darla

RIP: Sandy + Calypso + Kaluha + Jorgen von Strangle + Daisy + Mojo (assumed) + Stella
See them: http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w69/katelynforbes/
bobo
Zoea III
Zoea III
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 29

Post by bobo »

Im getting one soon :D
Becky
(Equidorians-6) Pablo_Medium, Enrique_Medium, Edwardo_Medium, Sampson_Jumbo, Hercules_Jumbo,and Wink The One Eyed E_Large(Purple Pinchers-3) Juliet_Medium, and Jeffrey_Small
Animal
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 0

Post by Animal »

I have one! I'm glad I saved it.
bobo
Zoea III
Zoea III
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 29

Post by bobo »

I got one yesterday, its a hit!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
Becky
(Equidorians-6) Pablo_Medium, Enrique_Medium, Edwardo_Medium, Sampson_Jumbo, Hercules_Jumbo,and Wink The One Eyed E_Large(Purple Pinchers-3) Juliet_Medium, and Jeffrey_Small