Pet Super Market

Report on pet stores that are either doing a great or terrible job of looking after their hermit crabs on display.
rf9661
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 15
Total tanks: 2

Pet Super Market

Post by rf9661 »

Hello!

Today I wanted to talk about the animal abuse that Pet Super Market gives.

Not too long ago, I went to a PSM in Miami Florida and the "substrate" which was barely 5cm had a mite crawling. I told an associate and she told me that it was part of the food! There was about 16 in a 10 gallon tall tank. They were using the play sand used for children that does not stick to your hands and they had absolutely no humidity and no heat but the store lights on the roof. Hermit Crabs are being sold for around $6 USD and uncared for. They had no extra shells to change into and although Ecuadorians are not known to change shells, some Ecuadorians were sticking out of they're shells. I decided to buy a Hermit Crab ( which I was able to rescue ) and he was put into a box with no sort of humidity or a de-chlorinated water mist. He barely made it to his new tank. Till this day I have him and I've had him for about a year now. He is doing very better and has molted a numerous of times with me.