Listen to this.........

Report on pet stores that are either doing a great or terrible job of looking after their hermit crabs on display.
Rec0nCrab1991
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 25
Total tanks: 3

Listen to this.........

Post by Rec0nCrab1991 »

Listen to this. I went to petco earlier with my brother and we were walking around and I walked straight to the hermit crabs because i was planning on buying a new friend for my others to play with. When I got there I saw 1 crab that was guarding an empty shell and I look around and there was a hermit crab out of its shell trying to get back into the shell the other crab was guarding. I'm assuming that this crab got kicked out of his shell and the other wanted it. I then had to tell one of the clerks to unlock the cage and I stuck my hand in the cage and moved the "bully" crab. Once I did that I placed the shell near the unshelled crab and he/she climbed right in. I bought the crab that was kicked out of its shell and I already thought of the perfect name for my new friend. I named him Lucky because he was lucky that I made it to him in that particular moment in time because there was no telling what the other crabs were going to do to him! Pet stores make me sick sometimes, but I'm so glad that I got Lucky out of there and safe into his new home with plenty of shells and friends to play with! :)
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re: Listen to this.........

Post by Wai »

Good rescue! It's been over three years since I fished Orcus (who was missing two walking legs) out of the dog bowl of water at the pet store (which has since closed). I'm certain she would have drowned if I hadn't noticed and adopted her.
Wai
8Zucker2
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 3
Total gallons: 10
Total tanks: 2

Re: Listen to this.........

Post by 8Zucker2 »

i just went to three different petstores to look at hermit crabs. oh my goodness humidity below 50 in all three (that would explain a lot) :o