stores in australia

Report on pet stores that are either doing a great or terrible job of looking after their hermit crabs on display.
nayomie
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 5
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

stores in australia

Post by nayomie »

Ok so iv allways had hermit crabs from when i was a kid but only just realised now after getting them for my kids that they need such care. i was never told they need humidity heat and such so now my KIDS crabs have become MY crabs lol and i think im addicted :D all the possabilities of there tank but my lord i can hardly find anything over here.... so my question is to other aussies does anyone no any decent pet shops in perth that stock things for hermit crabs, i cant even find any other substrate other than sand.
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Re: stores in australia

Post by aussieJJDude »

i don't live in Perth but i manage to get some Eco-brick off line, E BAY.

i find that to, we don't get much choice on animal products or animals like PP or E or Straws or Indos they will have a special place in my heart such as countries like USA. oh well at least we get Aussie that are crazily awesome!!! :D
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
arhoads
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 3

Post by arhoads »

amazon.com has alot of hermit crab stuff. Don't know if they ship to Australia though. You can get a three pack of Eco bricks for 9.95
appps
Zoea III
Zoea III
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 57
Total tanks: 1

Post by appps »

Realise this is a very old thread but just thought I'd add this link for anyone else also looking for it.

WA is actually one of the best places to be looking for crab stuff because you have crazy crabs which is owned by the guy that supplies most of the crabs we buy.
http://crazycrabs.com.au
Probably one of very few stores dedicated to crabs in Australia.

While I don't necessarily agree with all his instructions about keeping crabs it does have a lot of supplies by the look of it.

I'm not in WA myself but I have purchased and had shells posted to me from him.
Annette
Carer of 5 Australian Land Hermit Crabs
Fili & Voldemort since 12/07/2011
Turbo since 29/09/2011
Frederickson & Kai 12/02/2012
and our new addition Stripey Ninja 25/10/2014

Our Crab tank setup & Journal -http://crabbycreatures.wordpress.com