Pet stores are sneaky

Report on pet stores that are either doing a great or terrible job of looking after their hermit crabs on display.
rmbrmb
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 35
Total tanks: 3

Pet stores are sneaky

Post by rmbrmb »

At the mall (where my sister and I got our first crab) they are treating these wild born creatures with no respect. I looked at there cage and they were treating crabs like a play thing. For one they have way to many painted shells just lying there. I realized where they came from. They had belonged to dead crabs! To make things worse they were selling them! For two you can only imagen what happens when the mall closes! Poor little guys. And they told me and my sister to get two crabs the same size or they will fight! I mean If you sell them know something first! Armed with this informationI take my business elsewhere .Right now I'm looking for a not-so-crule place to get a small purple pincher. I will not be giving that hermit crab stand ANY of my buiseness any time soon! >[
My crew:
Snapper, Violet, Thrash, Finch, Splich-Splat, and Cookie

Rip:
Splash
Squrit
Dead and missed!
hermie_lover3542
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 17
Total gallons: 84
Total tanks: 5

Re: Pet stores are sneaky

Post by hermie_lover3542 »

As bad as it seems that same probpem is happening all over the world. They are basically seen as quick paying tourist attractions rather than live animals. So I wouldnt be surprised if I saw that in other malls aswell. If you want you could try writing a letter to the boss or owner of the the stand at the mall asking i they'd change there ways but other wise I would find a better place to buy hermit crabs because of all the stress and conditions the crabs are in.
*~-proud hermie mommy of 15-~*
They are Hermie the 2nd(medium pp), T.J.(medium pp), Big Daddy(large pp), Tank(Jumbo pp), Pearl(large pp), DigDug(medium pp), Freaky Fred(small pp),courage(Medium pp), Strawberry Shortcake(small pp), Tiny Timantha(tiny pp), T-rex(giant Indo), Bruce(medium strawberry), Autumn(medium blueberry), and Hor-Hay(medium blueberry).