Found a good petstore

Report on pet stores that are either doing a great or terrible job of looking after their hermit crabs on display.
Purple pinchers
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 3
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Found a good petstore

Post by Purple pinchers »

I live about 2 hours away from a petco. That petco is were i got my hermit crabs from. Well when i went to that petco i notest that there always was a worker feeding, changing water, or cleaning the tanks. So i went to the hermit crab section and saw 3 5-6 gal tanks with about 4inches of eco dirt :) so they can molt if they want to. They even had some fresh vegies, salt water, and water. Even had the right amount of humidity and heat. In each tank there were only 2 hermit crabs in each so they were not crowded :D . There were a few bad things :( like they did have 2 painted hermit crabs but this is the first time i have seen them there. There cairsheet is a little bad like it tells the basics humidity, temp, dirt depth, and salt water. The people were nice they could tell me quite a lot of information that was right.

So over all that was a great pet store for all pets i saw and i would buy all my stuff from there if i did not live so far away :( :D :D
*Pack Rat*
hermie_lover3542
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 17
Total gallons: 84
Total tanks: 5

Re: Found a good petstore

Post by hermie_lover3542 »

That is pretty amazing compared to most of the pet stores I've heard about. :) The best one around here for me is about the same as yours only they have two tanks many painted shells, sponges and reg. crab food :S
*~-proud hermie mommy of 15-~*
They are Hermie the 2nd(medium pp), T.J.(medium pp), Big Daddy(large pp), Tank(Jumbo pp), Pearl(large pp), DigDug(medium pp), Freaky Fred(small pp),courage(Medium pp), Strawberry Shortcake(small pp), Tiny Timantha(tiny pp), T-rex(giant Indo), Bruce(medium strawberry), Autumn(medium blueberry), and Hor-Hay(medium blueberry).
Alejhandro
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 2

Post by Alejhandro »

pet smart has 2 tanks no painted shells 4 in. of coc husk climbing hidin tools water bowls and fresh food
rmbrmb
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 35
Total tanks: 3

Post by rmbrmb »

I could'nt relate. I live hours away from any good pet store. I got mine from the mall where I impulse-bought. But the mall is horrible. I saw over 10 dead ones just laying there.
My crew:
Snapper, Violet, Thrash, Finch, Splich-Splat, and Cookie

Rip:
Splash
Squrit
Dead and missed!