Petsmart, an ok Store for Hermit Crabs

Report on pet stores that are either doing a great or terrible job of looking after their hermit crabs on display.
HPHermitFamily
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 5
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Petsmart, an ok Store for Hermit Crabs

Post by HPHermitFamily »

Though they don't exactly have enough substrate for molters this pet store in my area is much better than the Petco which provides NO shells and forces them to stay in painted shells. I loved to see how even though Petsmart sells "fancy" hermit crabs (its what they call those that are in painted shells) they provide natural shells in both tanks and I could see that every crab was healthy, happy, and enjoying their nice shells. Food and water requirements were nicely met and there was a moss pit and hide for each cage to make up for the fact that they can not provide a whole lot of space. Luckily hermit crabs apparently sell fast, and the employees there know to direct customers interested in crabs to the employees that can tell them more about the crabs and what they'll need for care, ect. Over all I'm very happy with the service and I will definitely stick with Petsmart over Petco!
Alejhandro
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 2

Alejhandro

Post by Alejhandro »

Pet smart is ok but pet world is very heart breakin