I'm Sorry Willow

This is the place to send a tribute for your departed hermies.
Bonnie.Maree
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 55
Total tanks: 3

I'm Sorry Willow

Post by Bonnie.Maree »

Willow,

You were such a special little crab. I found you on my first visit to the other pet store in my town. You were running around scratching the front of the tank staring at me with you one right leg in that awful painted shell. I took you home along with Indigo.

When we got home I tried to put you in the tank but you had a leg lodged in the bottom of the box. No matter what I did you would not leave so I had to leave the box in there until you were ready. And when you came out you ran around like crazy, scaring poor Charlie and making it clear to the other hermies you were the boss, because after that day whatever you did the rest followed.

You climbed with Charlie and dug tunnels with Indigo. Chester was your little buddy when it came to scratching the front of the tank at night.

Then you started to change. You buried yourself for a few days and kept hiding your eyes like you were in pain. Then I found you a week later in the cave. I thought you were dead but then I realised you were mid moult. I put you in my 5 gal iso tank and before leaving in the 10 gal as you started to move around more. You had new sharp nails, hair all over and little eyelashes. I thought you were going to make it. But then I saw your body and realised it was so damaged that maybe you wouldnt. And I was right.

I found you today and I picked you up. You were so limp, so lifeless. But still your stubborn body was in that shell. I realised you were stuck in their. Forever because of humankind.

I'm sorry you were forced into a painted shell, ripped away from home losing your leg too. I'm sorry that I failed at keeping the humidity high enough for you. I'm so you didnt like the shells I had or maybe that you did like them but you were stuck. I'm sorry I disturbed you when I was putting in the cool end. I'm sorry you surfaced moulted and I disturbed you, causing your body to look the way it did. I'm sorry if my iso was too small and stressed you more because you couldnt move as much as you liked. I'm sorry you lost your new leg. I'm sorry if I scared you by moving you to a bigger iso. I'm sorry if you were too weak to move so you chipped your shell ate it and got sick.

Most of all I'm so sorry Willow... That I couldnt save you :( I loved you so much and still do. Please forgive me little guy :( Rest in Peace Willow
MY HERMIT CRABS: Chester the sneaky and Indigo the digger
REST IN PEACE Willow the tunnel maker and Charlie the climber
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Re: I'm Sorry Willow

Post by aussieJJDude »

So sorry to hear about this! *hugs*
Hope you are ok.
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
Gizaroo
Zoea V
Zoea V
Total gallons: 19
Total tanks: 4

Post by Gizaroo »

Sorry for your loss. :(
"My chief concern is to try to be an humble, earnest Christian."- Robert E. Lee

"If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag."-author unknown

Owned by 2 Belgian malinois, 1 mixed breed, 3 parrots, 3 bettas and 6 hermies: Blu, Skip, Theo, Scuttles, Spudnut, and 3 new E's. Rip Blaze,Luka, and Banjo.
Bonnie.Maree
Zygote
Zygote

Post by Bonnie.Maree »

Thanks guys.

I'm better now even though I miss him so much...
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Post by aussieJJDude »

Your welcome - first death is always hard.
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

I am sorry to hear Willow passed, but there are times that some things are out of our control. Due to all he had been through prior to you taking him home could of already caused irreversible damage. You comforted him the best humans can offer, showed him humans are capable of love, and he passed with dignity. R.I.P. Willow.
Sympathies,
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Bonnie.Maree
Zygote
Zygote

Post by Bonnie.Maree »

It really is hard :( I still think about him everyday

Thankyou. There are so many things that contributed to his passing but I thought as he was a tough crab he'd survive. But even he took more than he could :(