Rest In Peace Edward

This is the place to send a tribute for your departed hermies.
Amy00
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 1
Total gallons: 55
Total tanks: 1

Rest In Peace Edward

Post by Amy00 »

I just went to check on edward again before going to bed and i'm very saddened to have to post this. but he has passed away. he is out of his shell like he got froze there?? he has been very active all week and responding to my voice. i'm really upset right now.
even though you were only with me a short time i hope you loved being with me as much as i loved taking care of you! i hope you find bella and you two are together and happy again! you'll always be in my heart!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 PP Hermit Crab- Edward
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45

Re: Rest In Peace Edward

Post by Wai »

Wait - are you sure he is not moulting? Do not throw out his body yet! Are his eyes hollow or black?
Wai
Amy00
Zygote
Zygote

Post by Amy00 »

he's dead. I picked him up and he fell out of his shell... i freaked out and cried.
1 PP Hermit Crab- Edward
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Post by CrabbyJo »

His abdomen was attached?
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
Amy00
Zygote
Zygote

Post by Amy00 »

yes he was all together.
1 PP Hermit Crab- Edward
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

I am sorry if he has passed, but please do read:

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=3579&start=10

Edited to add:
from looking at his picture too, it looks as though his eye stalks are \_/ with the pupils looking to the 'outsides' this looks like a pms to me.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Amy00
Zygote
Zygote

Post by Amy00 »

sorry i havent been here to respond to your replies. it's been crazy this past week. i got asked to babysit for two days then my sister came with her new baby which was a nice surprise. anyways i know you dont care about all that personal stuff. lol just wanted to say sorry for being away so long.

i did read the article and your reply ladybug. about them looking possibly dead but may be molting that if you sit and watch them you may see slight movements. i did sit and watch for any sign that i was wrong that he was still alive. before i made that post cause i didnt want to be wrong and look like a dumb newbie. but he never had any movements. and when i picked him up he was just like the other crab like limp and he fell out of his shell. i also noticed his color was fading. the smell was worsening. i think he was a very sick crab when i got him. both of them that i got just weren't very active nor did they eat much. they only ate once. and that really concerned me as well. i just had a very bad feeling about the whole thing. i just knew he was dead. i am very sorry if i have upset anyone or made anyone mad with me? i hope thats not the case and im still welcomed here..
you all will however be GLAD to know. that i did get the 55 tank i talked about. i got the RIGHT humidity and temp gauges i needed... i got a new crab today as well. and i'm very excited because for the first time i got to watch him change from one shell back to his old shell! for a first time hermit crab owner that was very neat to watch!!! when i got the new tank set up and put him in it. he LOVED it. i could tell right away. he was all over the tank. checking things out. he has been sooo active. and let me tell you. he is a fast mover! lol he hasnt slowed down at all. the seashell dish i have thats suppose to be for food i turned it on its side for a hidey hole (you may have seen it when i did it in the 10g in my other pics) anyway he climbed on it! hes been playing in his water dish! i am very happy!! i will make a thread and post some pics so you all can see
1 PP Hermit Crab- Edward
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

I am sorry for your loss. Not always is one able to see the slight jerks and twitches.
But with you mentioning the smell was getting stronger unfortunately he may have passed. :( I am sure nobody is mad at you, no reason to be? When one does the best they can and provide the best they can, why would anybody be upset?
Oh my, a 55 gal tank now... look out for the fun time of decorating it now! Can't wait to read about the progress!
Sympathies,
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Amy00
Zygote
Zygote

Post by Amy00 »

thank you lady bug! i made a new post in the journal section Amy's Hermit Crabs

i am very happy with my new baby and he is very happy as well. i can't believe how much more active he is than the other two i had. if he ever stops he will be one sleepy little baby!! i can't wait to go on a big shopping spree to get decor for the tank! but he doesn't seem to mind so far. he's been playing! thank you for all your support! i really appreciate it!
1 PP Hermit Crab- Edward