Still looking...

This is the place to send a tribute for your departed hermies.
Ayume
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Still looking...

Post by Ayume »

It was once said that first impressions are the most important.
Well I don't know if it was the rickity car ride, where you toppled around and Kyuubi and her held on tight, or when you climbed up there to harass Kyuubi and she chirruped at you angrily, or even if it was when you and her were snuggled up watching me in the dull light of my computer, typing away about you two snuggled up watching me, but whatever it was, it made a lasting impression.
I don't care what anyone says, my hermits, in the first months of their lives together, bonded. True and actual feelings, expressed in only ways crabs can.
She's looking for you. Digging around where you were. Where you should be. She's trying to make sense of why you never got up, when the water was rising. Why you never made any motion to help yourself. She tried to help you... I heard her chirup when it was too late.
Maybe she smells that you are gone, have gone.
I don't know.
but she's still looking.

Goodbye my sweet sweet friend. You know the regret I have... I know you do. You must have heard me, somewhere in the blackness, everyday asking you if you were okay.
You were too hurt, and frightened to come out, or answer. I never knew, those long months, that you had faded for so long.. The sand encased around you held in the truth. As the water rose though I was left with no choice. I had to bring you, softly, lovingly, to a safer abode. As I cooed to your body, I had to know, how well you were doing. Not well. Not well for so long.
You were not moulting.
You never even started to try.

This is the end of your life with me, and I'm sad it ended like this. I'm sad that you just couldn't hold on, through the stress, you let yourself go. I'm sorry the petstores stole you away from your home at such a young age, and I hope that, where ever you lay, you know I was only trying to help you. I promise to give your family a good life, i started with taking out what led to my knowlegdge of your demise, though we both know your eyes faded long before. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me. My intentions were only for the best.
Goodbye my friend.