Coke, my E

This is the place to send a tribute for your departed hermies.
Salt and Pepper
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 5
Total gallons: 38
Total tanks: 2

Coke, my E

Post by Salt and Pepper »

I had purchased an E at a pet store with the worst conditions- pointed, jagged, colored, gravel (dry), they were in a 5 gallon Critter Keeper, they had one dish of tap water with sponge, no heat/humidity, and micro shells that were too small for all of them. There was 3 Ecudorians. I picked out one and named him Coke. This was a while back.

Well, today I noticed Coke was sideways and sort of on his back. I figured he was sleeping (how they have their claw closed). I looked back in the tank a while later and he was still there in the same position. I picked him up to see if he was ok. I picked him up. He didn't move. I touched his leg gently with my pinky and his whole body shifted over to the right side of his shell. I tilted his shell back gently, all of his legs loosely fell backwards. I picked him up with my hand underneath him to see if he would crawl in my hand. Instead, his abdomen and whole body fell out of his shell and missed my hand and fell on to the carpet. Sadly, Coke had passed. My other E purchased their before died to PPS. This one was our refund. I'm definately not going to buy any more hermies there. It was just sad to see all those sad hermies, dying to PPS.

RIP Coke and Cocoa! :'(
I love all my hermies! They are all PPs.
Kawaii
Wasabi
Jake
Hermie
Peach

New plexi glas lid :D
RIP Helena and Luna-Who died molting...
and Salt and Pepper, my first hermies that died to lack of proper care <3
crabcrazygal
Zoea III
Zoea III
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 30
Total tanks: 2

Re: Coke, my E

Post by crabcrazygal »

thats so sad :'(
i hope you have better luck with your future crabbies
crabs:bino, junior,kim, and vixen
dogs: ella, shannon
cats:milo, poppy
and two budgies: romeo and big bird
Rip: HOMER(who was actually a girl so i re named him marge)RIP kath hyper and hazel.
only boring people get bored :)