Pet Shanty Hermies

This is the place to send a tribute for your departed hermies.
HermieLove19
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 19
Total gallons: 70
Total tanks: 2

Pet Shanty Hermies

Post by HermieLove19 »

I went to Pet Shanty with my mom to get a hermie because i lost Rufus and when I looked into the hermie tank I saw so many dead and the living hermies were hiding in a water bowl full of jelly cubes that you would feed to crickets to keep them alive for a lizard before they get eaten. it had to be the saddest hermie display i've ever seen. Even though I wanted to take them all home I know I couldn't or they would just get in more hermies and more would die. So this is for all the tiny hermies that died before they even had the chance to get out of the pet store tank.
Kerri :)
Fozzy+Bloo+George+Richard+Tabitha+Mr.Krabz+Sandy+Eugene+Tigery
Gumby+Philip+Nameless+Breuer+KVD+Sonya+Patchie+Patrick+2 adopted hermies

Rufus Shawn
krabby_katie
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 9

Re: Pet Shanty Hermies

Post by krabby_katie »

Aw, that's terrible. I don't know why some pet stores do that. The one where I got Darla, they had woodchips for substrate. It just makes me want to cry for all the little hermies that die in pet stores. :(
-Katie Forbes
Es: Mr. Krabs*Xena*Hubert*Clarice*Tank*Paras
PPs: Cosmo*Unknown*Darla

RIP: Sandy + Calypso + Kaluha + Jorgen von Strangle + Daisy + Mojo (assumed) + Stella
See them: http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w69/katelynforbes/
Painted_Shell
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 0

Post by Painted_Shell »

What is a Pet Shanty?
But that sounds so sad *| .
Why would they do that? I always wanted to start a pet store for exotic pets that usually don't get the care they deserve. Tarantulas, Scorpians, hermit crabs, snakes, ect
HermieLove19
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 19
Total gallons: 70
Total tanks: 2

Post by HermieLove19 »

you should cuz i wud shop there. pet shanty is a pet store near my house.
Kerri :)
Fozzy+Bloo+George+Richard+Tabitha+Mr.Krabz+Sandy+Eugene+Tigery
Gumby+Philip+Nameless+Breuer+KVD+Sonya+Patchie+Patrick+2 adopted hermies

Rufus Shawn
erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 0

Post by erikleeson »

The wierdest thing happened to me in the states, I was at a pet store, and there were so many dead hermies in the tank, all in painted shells, all with commercial crab food, all with gravel, all with no climbing toys, all with no shelter, all with no salt water..........its was sad. than I went looking at the snakes and stuf and I went back to the hermies and I heard things like

"this is disgusting, look at them! Do you even care? Do you even notice how many dead crabs are sitting there? Or is this just todays load? Do you know any info about how to care for hermit crabs at all? You all should no all these hermit crab products you are selling are worthless, look at this!
(he takes a huge piece of "hermit crab cork bark")
How is this supposed to fit in your recommended "fun arium" its stupid! And the worse thing is, you are forcing all the little kiddies to see that sight, that sad image of all those hermit crabs just fighting for their lives and passing in defeat, and how appropriate, because this image describes better than words my feeling on your pet store! LOOK AT IT! That sums up your whole store!

He said something like that before walking out of the store, I was tempted to go up to him and share my knowledge to him because I know it'd cheer him up to see that not every crab is suffereing....
ERIK LEESON

These are currently living in a better home...
Zeke+Finnigan+Wesker+Mendez+Xavi+Garth+Zoidberg+Gomez+Gilbert+Bobo+Luther
SEE THEM HERE

Need help? I'm on here lots so PM me for any questions you need answered!