Gizaroo
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 19
Total tanks: 4

Chirping from my new guys...

Post by Gizaroo »

I think I came into my room at the tail end of an antennae battle...I got closer to the tank and Banjo and Blu were staring each other down, antennae going crazy, and both were making clicking noises. Blu turned around and walked away. Did Banjo win that and become the alpha between them?

Was interesting to see/hear/observe! I didn't see any signs of aggression while I was in the room, so I just watched-ready to intervene if I had to.
"My chief concern is to try to be an humble, earnest Christian."- Robert E. Lee

"If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag."-author unknown

Owned by 2 Belgian malinois, 1 mixed breed, 3 parrots, 3 bettas and 6 hermies: Blu, Skip, Theo, Scuttles, Spudnut, and 3 new E's. Rip Blaze,Luka, and Banjo.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: Chirping from my new guys...

Post by ladybug15057 »

Not sure who won, but possibly the 2 of them have come to some form of an agreement. Antenna fencing is common and nothing to be concerned about, but if one see's large pincher action then one would one to intervene. Are they the only 2 in the 10 gal tank? Is there still an iso set up in the 10 gal tank?
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Gizaroo
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 19

Post by Gizaroo »

They are the only 2 in the ten gallon tank. The other 3 are in the 5.5 gallon tank, which is what the ISO was in until today.

It didn't look like there was any aggression...just some clicking noises and antennae flailing. They were both just standing their ground and then Blu turned around and left.
"My chief concern is to try to be an humble, earnest Christian."- Robert E. Lee

"If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag."-author unknown

Owned by 2 Belgian malinois, 1 mixed breed, 3 parrots, 3 bettas and 6 hermies: Blu, Skip, Theo, Scuttles, Spudnut, and 3 new E's. Rip Blaze,Luka, and Banjo.
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85

Post by CrabbyJo »

I've seen mine do antennae battles, and generally the larger of the two will toss the other crab away with a brush of his large pincer. But if that pincer comes open, I'm in the middle of it!
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

The pushing is generally harmless to the victim, but if a shell fight occurs, by all means intervene before the victim is killed.
Wai