Not sure if stressed or dieing

Questions about unexpected problems.
iluvhermies
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 46

Not sure if stressed or dieing

Post by iluvhermies »

I have a hermies I am not sure if he is stressed, getting ready to molt or possibly dieing. He is very lethargic and hubby said his eyes loooked weird. I canont get him to come out to let me see his eyes. I have had him since June 10th. I have thought he was dead several times but then he moves his claw or his antenna. I have him in ISO he is in a hut but he has not attempted to bury or moved to eat or drink. I have it covered up and check on him once a day. Any ideals?
Big Daddy*Speedy*Doc*Spot*Sandy*Spongebob*Kolasas*Mrs. Puff*Larry*Gary*Joy*Liberty*Troy*Gabrielle*Ryan*Chelsea
Eddie*Maddie*London*Irwin*Miley*Oliver*Marianna*Dalton*
Chevin*Peeping Tom*April*Hannah*Peanut*Brandon*Brandi*
Autumn*Peyton*Zac*Corbin*Lilly*Rico*Queenie*Princess*Prince
Bruce*Cheese*Sharpay*Elmo*Chris
Jaci
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by Jaci »

it could be a number of things. if he's still moving, then i'd say just leave him in ISO and just watch. i'm not sure if you can do anything more for him....i hope everything's ok. i will keep him in my thoughts though. :)
*** Lemi *** Bebe *** Wendy *** Ike *** Craig *** Aries*** Zeus ***

RIP:
Token 1/8/06 * Butters 1/31/06 * Tweek 3/16/06 * Shelley 4/14/06 * Timmy 8/5/06 * Athena 11/6/06 * Jimmy 1/22/08 * Apollo 2/4/08
iluvhermies
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by iluvhermies »

Thank you very much for your thoughts. I'll let you know what happens
Big Daddy*Speedy*Doc*Spot*Sandy*Spongebob*Kolasas*Mrs. Puff*Larry*Gary*Joy*Liberty*Troy*Gabrielle*Ryan*Chelsea
Jaci
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by Jaci »

what's his name?

RIP:
Token 1/8/06 * Butters 1/31/06 * Tweek 3/16/06 * Shelley 4/14/06 * Timmy 8/5/06 * Athena 11/6/06 * Jimmy 1/22/08 * Apollo 2/4/08
iluvhermies
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by iluvhermies »

Noah II
Jaci
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by Jaci »

that's sweet. so how is he doing so far? i've been meaning to ask you, how do you come up with your names? are they just random? i noticed there was the spongebob theme and the 7 dwarves. i like the idea of the 7 dwarves. i'm thinking that when i run out of names that i like from south park, i'm going to go with planets. lol. except uranus.... either planets or disney. i haven't decided yet.

RIP:
iluvhermies
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by iluvhermies »

Well he moved a little tonight but stil not active. At least he is still alive. Yeah the kids picked the spongebob theme. I picked the dwarfs. I look at the shells they come in and see if they are boys or girls then pick a name hubby and kids help me too. Noah is my brother who is over in Iraq right now. The first Noah we had died so we have a number II. We have one named Kolasas who was a friend of my brothers who died in Iraq and he has a white conch shell with red stripes and blue stars.
hermiesrokmysox
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 7

Post by hermiesrokmysox »

aww, poor noah. i wouldnt think he was de-stressing since you got him a while ago... so does he just not come out of his shell? like, he hides all the time? he probably is just stressed. Did you add any new crabs lately? I have one newish crab who is kind of a bully. he likes to pick fights.
♥Hollywood♥LittleRed♥Qwerty♥Peanut♥Sprite♥Pip♥Paisly
http://hermielog2008.blogspot.com/
hey, im back. :)
iluvhermies
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by iluvhermies »

He is out of his shell but just won't eat or move around. I think he may be dead now but his body is not hard. He kind of falls out of his shell but I can see his abdomen and it is not shrinking or anything and he feels moist still. So I am not getting rid of him yet. He is in ISO so it won't hurt anyone if he is dead.