Shout out for help

Ask any hermit crab care questions in the appropriate section.
maxcat710
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Shout out for help

Post by maxcat710 »

Hi hermie community,
I am not sure that I have posted to the right area so my apologies if I have :)
I am looking for some kind assistance from the Australian (Melbourne) hermit crab community. Wei, perhaps you might know of someone? I have six little hermies who have been with me for years. Unfortunately my circumstances have changed significantly and I am no longer able to keep my hermies. :-(.
I am aware that crab street journal has an adoption site and have put them up for adoption 3 times in the past year without any luck. Time is running short now and I really need to find a good home for these guys very soon; I thought I would post to this group as it is very active in general. As you can understand I am very reluctant to give my hermies away to someone outside the hermie community as I dont think they would receive the right care.
If you are interested in taking them, the herms come with a 3 x2 foot tank, heating pads, night and moon glow lamps and all the climbing equipment that a hermie could dream of....but of course if you have your own setup you dont need to take mine if you dont want to. My email address is maxcat710@me.com, feel free to contact me directly for more info.
> Hope to hear from someone soon, fingers crossed.
> Chris and the herms.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: Shout out for help

Post by ladybug15057 »

Chris had filled an adoptee profile a couple times and sadly there are no adopters in the area that have been able to help. I had suggested that they come here and ask due to there being many Aussie crabbers on this forum. Please, if you can help do e-mail them.

Good luck Chris!
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Post by aussieJJDude »

I am interested. my email is jj.man@live.com.au (already gave you a email)
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V

Adoption Success!

Post by aussieJJDude »

hi guys,
I would like to thank maxcat710 for letting me care for her crabs.
I have 5 ATM, White-bait, Turbo, Indy and mini me (X2). One of the mini me's are molting while the other is really active, he/she reminds me of Vodka!
Anyway, White-bait changed into Raptor old shell as soon as he stumbled across, he must of liked how it was hollow. Anyway, introducing some of them. Biggest one is called Indy, One with Raptor's old shell (round brown one) is called White-bait and the other one is a mini me.
In the "travel" container:
and them in there crabitat:

Thanks maxcat710 for the lil guys! Now I know what you mean by active! they are more active than Vodka (which is hard to beat!) :D
edit: They love the cuttlefish, I seen Whitebait and mini me attacking it like no tomorrow!
and also meet Turbo:
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
maxcat710
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Re: Adoption Success!

Post by maxcat710 »

aussieJJDude, they look fantastic, very busy and interested in everything. They are VERY active crabs arent they :)! Whitebait changing shells is a good sign, it was a great idea of yours to introduce them slowly through shells and substrate to minimise any potential territorial fights. You might find they need extra supervision whilst they are getting to know each other. The change may stress them and they might bury down for a little while too. Have lots of fun with them and thanks for looking after them, I am very happy and sure that they wil receive the best of care. :) Look forward to the updates...
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V

Re: Adoption Success!

Post by aussieJJDude »

Thanks and your welcome :D

aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V

Post by aussieJJDude »

Also proud to say that the other mini me came up, he is a boy. He is a persistent lil guy and has a painted shell. Maybe a bit smaller than Barri. His name is Mini Me as when Maxcat710 told me there was to mini me's I didn't expect him to be that big! :D
Indy has changed shells as well but the shell that he changed in to is way to small for him! :D And I manged to see White-bait change shells two times last night, he must like having new choices! :D