Does anyone know what Happend to....

Ask any hermit crab care questions in the appropriate section.
MomofFive
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 15
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 3

Re: Has anybody ordered live crabs online?

Post by MomofFive »

i read on another site that people had good experience with buying crabs there. I guess the online store is under new management and they put great effort in shipping the crabs.
Of the ones that I read about, non had crabs arrive dead or in bad condition!
Since I am still new to the world of crabbing I did not order any Crabs there, but plan to get some blueberries and pink indos (If they are available) late spring next year!

The hard part is not to buy any more crabs till then... don't want to run out of space!
15 Purple Pinchers, 1 Doberman Pincher (female), 1 Albino California King Snake, 1 Boa Constrictor Imperator and 6 Homo Sapiens (1 adult male called Hubby (33) and 5 of his offspring (3 males and 2 females)

emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Post by emmac350 »

The site is under new management, and the owner of the store is a member of the Addiction forum, so she can answer any questions about her store and the hermit crab care that takes place there. She's in the process of removing unsafe items for crabs (unsafe foods, wire cages, etc.) from her store as well.
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
blondy627
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Post by blondy627 »

Thanks! I will look more into it.
cometstream
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 55
Total tanks: 1

Finding good seller

Post by cometstream »

I want to get some exotic hermit crabs and I want an Indo Hermit Crab (Coenobita Brevimanus) and I want a ruggie Hermit Crab (Coenobita rugosus). I also want an Ecuadorian but I can't find them at pet stores near me. Any care tips or store suggestions(that are cheap) are appreciated. Thanks ;)
cometstream
Zygote
Zygote

Re: Does anyone know what Happend to....

Post by cometstream »

Don't know why you combined my post with this but I ended up going to the store and got two PP, named rusty and the other has no name yet. :P I prepared a feast of two different non-commercial foods,fish eggs,shrimp tail,banana,coconut. They are all healthy and active. You may know the previous rusty but his name was changed to wag. I think he died of a worm eating his abdomen.(weird right? 8| ) Im sure they are going to make it. Hopefully they don't turn out like nibs and balto who hide 24/7. They bathed in a salt water bath and no name was bathing himself in the fresh trying tofix up the shell water. If he goes all the way in you probaly couldn't tell he was in there. :o I need to get more shells.(next part is continued from the day after we got them) I hate when there buried :@ cuz its boring. Any way tonight their having peanut butter wheat germ and carrot.(sadly they eat better then most of us :S but it is good for 'em. Any way any name suggestions for the unnamed crab.(yes i haven't named him) Hopefully they don't turn out like nibs and balto who are ALWAYS BURIED(i guess i mentioned it twice,lol). :| But there just playing it cool 8) ,just de-stressing, like no name is under the moss pit container( ~sigh~ hermit crabs). Finally the crabs are hiding in the hide once i added moss :S . yeah crabs are 100% crazy -.- That pretty much wraps it up :P .
~~~cometstream
cometstream
Zygote
Zygote

Post by cometstream »

Yay he switched his from his old shell from one of the two shells I have. I didn't get to see cuz i had homework 8|
Sorry i forgot to put tell you it was no name who switched and i don't know how to edit my last post. sorry :(

Edited to merge posts....
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

cometstream have you considered starting your own journal to document events and such with your hermies? (this is off topic..)
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
cometstream
Zygote
Zygote

Post by cometstream »

I don't know how my first post about the getting them ended up here. This was originally in species then someone moved it.(or you may mean that your off topic but still i think my post didn't belong here) Thats why i said it was weird that someone changed it but i may start a journal but my crabs do not do much...
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

Sadly, since 2008 there has been an issue with this store. Seems it still exists, taking money and not sending out merchandise. :(

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/herm ... sage/76456

and other info too:
http://crabstreetjournal.com/xoops/modu ... mpost24084

http://crabstreetjournal.com/xoops/modu ... pe=&mode=0
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.