OH NO

Questions about unexpected problems.
iluvhermies
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 46

OH NO

Post by iluvhermies »

I got home from picking my husband up from work this morning and I found one of my larger crabs laying out of what I thought was its shell but the more I looked around I found one of my crabs who likes to hang on my net almost all the time hanging their in a different shell. It is about the same size as the one laying with no shell. I carefully picked her up and put her in a small aqurium with several shells, a hut, and food and water. I covered her with a towel after I misted the tank really good. I think the one took her shell. Is there anything else I should be doing for her?
Big Daddy*Speedy*Doc*Spot*Sandy*Spongebob*Kolasas*Mrs. Puff*Larry*Gary*Joy*Liberty*Troy*Gabrielle*Ryan*Chelsea
Eddie*Maddie*London*Irwin*Miley*Oliver*Marianna*Dalton*
Chevin*Peeping Tom*April*Hannah*Peanut*Brandon*Brandi*
Autumn*Peyton*Zac*Corbin*Lilly*Rico*Queenie*Princess*Prince
Bruce*Cheese*Sharpay*Elmo*Chris
hermiesrokmysox
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 7

Re: OH NO

Post by hermiesrokmysox »

:'( Poor hermie!
just keep her ISOed until sheis acting normal and in a shell. Keep the humdity stable and along with the temp.
hope the other one isn't agressive. :(
♥Hollywood♥LittleRed♥Qwerty♥Peanut♥Sprite♥Pip♥Paisly
http://hermielog2008.blogspot.com/
hey, im back. :)
iluvhermies
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by iluvhermies »

I got him Feb 20. He has never done anything like this before. I got the shelless one on March 2. So not sure what has happened or why.
Big Daddy*Speedy*Doc*Spot*Sandy*Spongebob*Kolasas*Mrs. Puff*Larry*Gary*Joy*Liberty*Troy*Gabrielle*Ryan*Chelsea
iluvhermies
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by iluvhermies »

Big Momma did not make it. I found her dead in ISO Sunday night.
Jaci
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by Jaci »

i am so sorry. tweek did the same thing. i put him into ISO but he passed away the next day. i had him for 7 months and he just crawled out of his shell one day. it was so unlike him. once again, my condolences...
hermiesrokmysox
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 7

Post by hermiesrokmysox »

:'( i am so sorry. it's so annoying when your crab is sick and you feel so helpless to help. that's happened to me 2 time, :( i know how it feels.
♥Hollywood♥LittleRed♥Qwerty♥Peanut♥Sprite♥Pip♥Paisly
http://hermielog2008.blogspot.com/
hey, im back. :)
bobo
Zoea III
Zoea III
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 29
Total tanks: 1

Re: OH NO

Post by bobo »

This info is so sad, :(. I had my first death when i went to sleep away camp and i came back after my dad was taking care of them and Gary was dead, I had another crab Patty, at the time. And yesterday I bought Gillbert from petco and his shell didnt fit, you could se all four legs. but this morning I put in Patty's old shell that she had changed out of and he went in it after two minutes!
Becky
(Equidorians-6) Pablo_Medium, Enrique_Medium, Edwardo_Medium, Sampson_Jumbo, Hercules_Jumbo,and Wink The One Eyed E_Large(Purple Pinchers-3) Juliet_Medium, and Jeffrey_Small