Baby Crab has been Streaking... Why?

Questions about unexpected problems.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: Baby Crab has been Streaking... Why?

Post by ladybug15057 »

coledofner12, I beg to differ with you. Only one adopter profile has come in from you (unless you submitted under another name and e-mail address) and that was actually very early this morning.

date Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 12:40 AM
subject [] - Form: Become an Adopter

Your CSJ Username
coledofner12

and you are not a Crab Street Journal member. (but one does not have to be either to be an adopter with the Hermit Crab Adoption Center) However one DOES need to meet the strict criteria regardless if one thinks the criteria are "Weird".

You have only applied once, I DO keep ALL adopter profiles that come in whether they are approved or not. It has not even been 24 hours since you submitted the adopter profile, I do NOT appreciate you insinuating that profiles are just ignored (!) Anybody here who has applied to be an adopter KNOWS if they are approved they are contacted directly. If they are lacking a criteria they are contacted as to what is lacking. Through a few of your postings here at HCP with the staff attempting to help you, you should be aware as to what is lacking anyway with the information you put on your profile!
I am sorry if this comes across as mean or rude, but I do not appreciate being talked down to on an open public forum and will NOT tolerate it!

by coledofner12 on December 27th, 2009, 10:29 pm
yea. I had to when I changed the substrate as I said in one of my other post. I need more room for some new crabs. I already have a walk in pond for all my crabs. And obviously, I've signed up twice for the hermit crab adoption place that ladybug runs. I never get a reply, not to be mean but I guess a lot of people think I don't deserve to adopt hermit crabs.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Post by emmac350 »

Cole, it's quite an honor to be accepted as an adopter at the CSJ adoption center. I had to apply twice before it was finally good enough, and I'm really glad that Marie gave me the information she did, because I was doing things that I thought were right but weren't. Marie can be a bit gruff sometimes, but she knows her stuff. She's been crabbing over 11 years now and is in close contact with Carol, who has had her crabs 33 years. So just because your tank isn't quite up to snuff yet doesn't mean that you never will be approved. Do try to listen to what we tell you your crabs need and you'll be on your way to adopter status in no time.

Marie - try not to get so emotionally involved here. Your post was borderline rude when considering the rules on the forum about not posting when angry. If in doubt, refer to viewtopic.php?f=62&t=3062.
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by ladybug15057 »

Thank you for the reminder Emma, but we are all human and at times do get 'pushed'.
A little correction too, I have been crabbing 9+ years and have had a few of our hermies that long as well. For CrabWorks, yep internet friends for sometime and our crabbing method is as different as night and day but both meet the criteria needed.
And honestly I contacted Emma in regards to her profile and a couple things that needed tweaking. (I held onto your profile) You asked me to hold off because you didn't think you were quite ready.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
coledofner12
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 8

Post by coledofner12 »

Never mind. I don't care anymore. I don't want to talk about this anymore. I'd rather buy crabs just to know they are checked. I'm not trying to be mean but I know i signed up twice once as coledofner12 and coledofner.
Coledofner12's Hermit Crab Productions
Hermit Crabs-Exon,Redeemer,Shaman,Hercules,Hermes,Hades,Hephaestus,Zeus.
R.I.P. Chaos, Poseidon-You will be missed my friends.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by ladybug15057 »

I will reply to your adopter profile in the next couple of days and hopefully you will read some of the links within the reply too.

Again, I beg to differ, you are mistaken. Possibly IF you have, you did not complete the security code at the end of the profile that is there to prevent spam. I have worked the Hermit Crab Adoption Center now for about 6 years now and not a "coledofner" adopter profile to be found. The birth date you gave on the profile was 3-12-1996 which would make you 13. It is specifically stated one must be 18 years of age or older to fill the adopter profile and to be an adopter.
by coledofner12 on December 28th, 2009, 1:04 am
Never mind. I don't care anymore. I don't want to talk about this anymore. I'd rather buy crabs just to know they are checked. I'm not trying to be mean but I know i signed up twice once as coledofner12 and coledofner.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

coledofner12
Zygote
Zygote

Post by coledofner12 »

sorry I i clicked the wrong year. the page was really long and the colors mess with my eyes. I'm not lying if thats what you think. If you want I can redo my page too. Really I'm not lying, bad eyesight runs in my family.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

coledofner12 wrote:I'd rather buy crabs just to know they are checked.
I thought your budget was limited? I think you would be better off spending the money on getting all the proper supplies. Buying more hermit crabs doesn't help your current ones live longer.
Wai
coledofner12
Zygote
Zygote

Post by coledofner12 »

I already stocked up on everything. Anyways I thought about it. I don't need any more crabs.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by ladybug15057 »

I've signed up twice for the hermit crab adoption place that ladybug runs. I never get a reply, not to be mean but I guess a lot of people think I don't deserve to adopt hermit crabs.
I have just completed a lengthy reply to your adopter profile. Please do read it and the links it contains. If for some reason you do not receive it let me know and I will resend it. As mentioned previously, I keep a copy of all adopter, adoptee profiles and the replies done.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

coledofner12
Zygote
Zygote

Post by coledofner12 »

No need, I got it you won't be hearing from me anymore. Hope you had your fun taunting me and saying basically I shouldn't raise crabs. Don't email me or try messaging me anywhere else on the internet. I know how to take care of hermit crabs just as well as you do. Oh and one more thing, theres no need to reply to this message.