crabcrazygal
Zoea III
Zoea III
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 30
Total tanks: 2

help asap please, crab is naked

Post by crabcrazygal »

ok so ive been away on a camp for 5 days, and i got back on friday. all seemed to be ok with my crabs (my dad had been looking after them).
but yesterday i was really buisy, and didnt really pay any attention to my crabs, so today when i was checking on them again, i was shocked to see on out of its shell. it is still alive, because when i went to touch it, thinking that it was dead, it moved.
i am still not sure which crab it is, and am not sure what to do, i didnt put it in an isolation tank, because i have a crab that has recently moulted in there.
i did notice the day that i came hme, that the was a few crabs, or at least one that had change shells, but apart from this, nothing out of the ordinary. i have no idea what to do 8|
if you can pls help
crabs:bino, junior,kim, and vixen
dogs: ella, shannon
cats:milo, poppy
and two budgies: romeo and big bird
Rip: HOMER(who was actually a girl so i re named him marge)RIP kath hyper and hazel.
only boring people get bored :)
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: help asap please, crab is naked

Post by ladybug15057 »

Double check the perimeters of your tank, humidity (calibrate the gauge too), air temp and substrate temp. But with you being gone for 5 days and then busy yesterday it is hard to say what the perimeters were during your absence.

http://crabstreetjournal.com/xoops/modu ... toryid=128
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
crabcrazygal
Zoea III
Zoea III

Post by crabcrazygal »

it was homer.
he died last night. :'(
Rip: HOMER(who was actually a girl so i re named him marge)RIP kath hyper and hazel.
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Post by CrabbyJo »

Sorry to hear that, CrazyCrabGal. Since there seemed to be some shell changes, chances are it could have been a shell fight, but to be safe, you really need to double check the parameters of your tank to make sure the temp, humidity, substrate temp, etc. are all within range.

I'm sorry for your loss hon. Now he's over the rainbow bridge playing with all the other little crabbies, probably climbing a vine with my Larry and Mario right now! :)
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
crabcrazygal
Zoea III
Zoea III

Post by crabcrazygal »

yeah hope so lol :D
one of his legs was broken, the one that was all weird, after he moulted.