Orangy is not in her shell

Questions about unexpected problems.
erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 0

Re: Orangy is not in her shell

Post by erikleeson »

did you try buying it from her? Or you could bribe her with chores or take her to like a spa or something :S

55 gallons is a very good size, when you get one, you probably won't need another one. Just ask iluvhermies he has a 55 and is getting a 110 gallon 8|
ERIK LEESON

These are currently living in a better home...
Zeke+Finnigan+Wesker+Mendez+Xavi+Garth+Zoidberg+Gomez+Gilbert+Bobo+Luther
SEE THEM HERE

Need help? I'm on here lots so PM me for any questions you need answered!

Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Post by Chermo »

I don't really have the room for it as of yet. I think she knows that. I will see what she wants for it later. I would love it but I just don't have the room currently.
Proud mommy of 2 beautiful daughters Kytana and Danica, 1 cat Princess and 1 dog Liebschen

Due to family issues my crabs have been adopted out to wizkidsmom (Cheryl), I know she will care for them like I did. Thanks Cheryl

RIP Orangy June 2009
erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by erikleeson »

Oh, well if you got that tank it would be awesome! Except for deep clean...*shudders*
ERIK LEESON

SEE THEM HERE

Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by Chermo »

erikleeson wrote:Oh, well if you got that tank it would be awesome! Except for deep clean...*shudders*
I will keep asking her or hinting about it and see if she says anything. My office in the basement will be done soon (in the next month) so I hope she will offer it to me then.
Proud mommy of 2 beautiful daughters Kytana and Danica, 1 cat Princess and 1 dog Liebschen

Due to family issues my crabs have been adopted out to wizkidsmom (Cheryl), I know she will care for them like I did. Thanks Cheryl

RIP Orangy June 2009
Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by Chermo »

Ok so I have an update on Orangy....

Good news.....

Orangy molted under the bridge, I kinda saw her moving a bit under the bridge and so I knew she was not dead, well I decided to pick up the bridge and saw bits and pieces of her so I naturally got scared so I picked her up and notices a tiny pink crab inside. I hope she makes it through this. I am so happy right now. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

RIP Orangy June 2009
erikleeson
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by erikleeson »

Sweet! I'd just leave her alone but make sure that no other crabs can get her. COver her with the top half of a 2 liter coke maybe.
ERIK LEESON

SEE THEM HERE

Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by Chermo »

She came out from under the bridge last night and ate more exo then changed shells (now all my 3 babies are in the same green shell but all different sizes so I can still tell them apart) and dug down again under the sand I am guessing to destress from her molt. Kermi is the only crab that is ever on the top of the sand and she loves to climb all over everything during the day and the night. I am just glad Orangy is fine and she is back down destressing from her molt.

RIP Orangy June 2009
krabby_katie
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 9

Post by krabby_katie »

Great news! I'm happy she made it through. Haha, that's cool that there's now a theme of green turbos going on among your hermies. XD
-Katie Forbes
Es: Mr. Krabs*Xena*Hubert*Clarice*Tank*Paras
PPs: Cosmo*Unknown*Darla

RIP: Sandy + Calypso + Kaluha + Jorgen von Strangle + Daisy + Mojo (assumed) + Stella
See them: http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w69/katelynforbes/
Chermo
Megalopa
Megalopa

Post by Chermo »

krabby_katie wrote:Great news! I'm happy she made it through. Haha, that's cool that there's now a theme of green turbos going on among your hermies. XD
I hate the theme of green shells, with all the plants they are hiding among them very well. I have this orange shell that I want Kermi to change into but she won't. Oh and I finally found out that Kermi and Soupy are both girls, Orangy will probably always be a mystery as she is very shy and never comes out of her shell with me watching. I am also glad she made it through, now if she can just finish destressing under the sand I will be happy. Soupy always goes under the sand and stays there for weeks, if I look at her on the bottom she is moving and seems to be happy there. Orangy seems to come up every night and Kermi is always out. I hope Orangy is one that is always out so she can get use to me more like Kermi is now. I put Kermi in a small dwarf hamster ball and she loves it.

RIP Orangy June 2009