Do hermit crabs actually hear?

Questions about the body parts of a hermit crab.
anniehorsekrab
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 15
Total tanks: 2

Re:

Post by anniehorsekrab »

Jaci wrote:i wish crabs could talk. they're so mysterious and there's so much we can learn about them! it's frustrating at times. if they can't hear, it doesn't matter, i still talk to them just the same... *|
Yes, I really agree. I always talk to them, so if they CAN hear, it seems to comfort them.
~Annie

(and Mr. Krabs, Your Shyness, Scooter, Mr. Krabs Jr, Zipper, and Beechie of course!)
hermie_lover3542
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 17
Total gallons: 84
Total tanks: 5

Re:

Post by hermie_lover3542 »

Jaci wrote:i'll have to do some research on that. wendy seems to like the orange hut as opposed to the brown one. but lemi and bebe will go into either one. doesn't matter to them. but i'll look it up!
i believe hermit crabs can see color because they seem to prefer more ''colorful'' things in my crabitat weird right? One of there favorites is the lego hut! It is completely rainbow!
*~-proud hermie mommy of 15-~*
They are Hermie the 2nd(medium pp), T.J.(medium pp), Big Daddy(large pp), Tank(Jumbo pp), Pearl(large pp), DigDug(medium pp), Freaky Fred(small pp),courage(Medium pp), Strawberry Shortcake(small pp), Tiny Timantha(tiny pp), T-rex(giant Indo), Bruce(medium strawberry), Autumn(medium blueberry), and Hor-Hay(medium blueberry).
Ayume
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Re: Do hermit crabs actually hear?

Post by Ayume »

I absolutely belive that they can see in colour.
When I bought my brown log on it, and the crabs always try to climb on the log, so I think they have some colour vision at least, because why do they climb down below the ferns, then try to climb on the log, right?