HELP C.V. Zoea 72 hours old

Ask any hermit crab care questions in the appropriate section.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re: HELP C.V. Zoea 72 hours old

Post by Wai »

Nat, would you be able to take photos of their size in relation to how old they are? I've always wondered how old mine are. Of course, there will be some variations as some grow faster than others.
Wai
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Post by aussieJJDude »

30 weeks!! It feels like a year :) He/she looks so big in the pics, can you know tell the gender of them or are they still small?? :)
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
Natatat
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 11
Total gallons: 70

Post by Natatat »

Wai wrote:Nat, would you be able to take photos of their size in relation to how old they are? I've always wondered how old mine are. Of course, there will be some variations as some grow faster than others.
sorry I didn't see this sooner!
sure I will do that when I move them to the growing tank, I am in the process of getting that sorted & stabalised atm. with age and size we must remember that some molts the crabs shrink so size is not the best guide and the differences between my babies is astonishing the crab in this photo is the largest up atm, I have ones that are less than 1/4 the size of him/her.
aka Nat_addicted to HC's http://www.ihavecrabs.com.au
Natatat
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 11
Total gallons: 70

Post by Natatat »

aussieJJDude wrote:30 weeks!! It feels like a year :) He/she looks so big in the pics, can you know tell the gender of them or are they still small?? :)
I have not attempted to sex them at this stage, I will measure, sex and take pics when I move them to the growing tank ;)
It has gone quick, I need to start getting organised now for next time if Im lucky enough :D
aka Nat_addicted to HC's http://www.ihavecrabs.com.au