Strawberry hermit crabs

Place to post notices for sales and bargains.
User avatar
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:30 pm
Gender: Male
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Strawberry hermit crabs

Post by aussieJJDude »

Wow, don't they look pretty! :) If only they were in melbourne... *sigh*
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
Ginger
Zoea II
Zoea II
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:19 pm
Gender: Female
Hermit crabs: 11
Total gallons: 60
Total tanks: 3

Re: Strawberry hermit crabs

Post by Ginger »

They are! I was so surprised and excited when I saw them.
User avatar
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:30 pm
Gender: Male
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Strawberry hermit crabs

Post by aussieJJDude »

Ginger wrote:They are! I was so surprised and excited when I saw them.
What?! Where.
:o
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
Ginger
Zoea II
Zoea II
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:19 pm
Gender: Female
Hermit crabs: 11
Total gallons: 60
Total tanks: 3

Re: Strawberry hermit crabs

Post by Ginger »

Oh! Sorry to get your hopes up Aussie, I was saying "they are!" to them being "pretty". Haha :D
User avatar
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2828
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:12 pm
Gender: Male
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Strawberry hermit crabs

Post by Wai »

Looks like the strawberries are available again from the Sydney store. I think I might get one again. If I didn't have any Aussies I would consider getting a second straw. They're so big and need a lot of room to roam.
Wai
Image
User avatar
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:30 pm
Gender: Male
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Strawberry hermit crabs

Post by aussieJJDude »

Wai wrote:Looks like the strawberries are available again from the Sydney store. I think I might get one again. If I didn't have any Aussies I would consider getting a second straw. They're so big and need a lot of room to roam.
Multiple tanks right? this is certainly something I'm interested in, however I don't know if my tank can support a large straw or two ATM. I know I have large enough water bowls, heat is at my crabs "happy place"... And shells, I have a few to offer, but not a lot of extra large turbos - Wai, where did you source your 3cm+ turbo shells from?...
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
User avatar
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2828
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:12 pm
Gender: Male
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Strawberry hermit crabs

Post by Wai »

Sorry about the late reply. Go to the Collector's Corner section in Garden World Springvale South. They have turbos big enough for the straws that the Sydney store sells. I took the risk, ordered two straws and will be picking them up from Qantas Freight this afternoon.

You have 140 gallons at your disposal compared to my 45. They are not easy to look after though and I'm not entirely sure why Antares mysteriously passed.
Wai
Image
User avatar
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:30 pm
Gender: Male
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Strawberry hermit crabs

Post by aussieJJDude »

Wai wrote:Sorry about the late reply. Go to the Collector's Corner section in Garden World Springvale South. They have turbos big enough for the straws that the Sydney store sells. I took the risk, ordered two straws and will be picking them up from Qantas Freight this afternoon.

You have 140 gallons at your disposal compared to my 45. They are not easy to look after though and I'm not entirely sure why Antares mysteriously passed.
Dam, I was going to mention if you want to do a combined shipping to save on costs/overheads... :) I guess I'm too slow. ;) But congrats, and look forward to the updates on the new ones.
But I really have to check it out, Springvale is just so far away its not often that I drive on that side of town. Its a sign I really need my licence, however completing 120 sucks... One day, no rush. :)
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
User avatar
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2828
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:12 pm
Gender: Male
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Strawberry hermit crabs

Post by Wai »

You're actually not too late, their courier supposedly forgot to pick them up from the store on Sunday and my two straws were left in a box inside the store after closing. I wasn't amused at all and the guy I spoke to on the phone said he would go open the shop again to put them back in their tank. Did you want to order some straws too? I have Thursday off so I told them to send them on Thursday. Let me know ASAP if you are interested. I'm not sure if they have any left since the straws have been removed from their website again and the store is closed until Thursday morning.
Wai
Image
User avatar
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:30 pm
Gender: Male
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Strawberry hermit crabs

Post by aussieJJDude »

Wai wrote:You're actually not too late, their courier supposedly forgot to pick them up from the store on Sunday and my two straws were left in a box inside the store after closing. I wasn't amused at all and the guy I spoke to on the phone said he would go open the shop again to put them back in their tank. Did you want to order some straws too? I have Thursday off so I told them to send them on Thursday. Let me know ASAP if you are interested. I'm not sure if they have any left since the straws have been removed from their website again and the store is closed until Thursday morning.
Haha late again... A suitable sign thats I'm not ready for it all. ;) I'm happy to live through you as well.
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
Post Reply