Strawberry hermit crabs

Place to post notices for sales and bargains.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re: Strawberry hermit crabs

Post by Wai »

I am really unimpressed at the moment. Originally I asked for the straws to be shipped to me on Sunday 12th and got told I would receive a collection notice around 4 pm to collect them from the airport around 6 to 7 pm. I waited and called around 6:30 pm, only to be told that their courier did not pick them up and they were left in a box in the store as I previously mentioned. I then asked for them to be shipped today on Thursday 16 (my next day off). I called in the morning to remind the store and the guy said he would personally deliver them to the airport and they would arrive around 6 to 7 pm. It is now 8 pm and I have received no message at all and he is not picking up the phone; only another guy at the other end of the line is taking messages on his behalf. Qantas Freight's customer services line closed at 6 pm. I do not know where the strawberries are. If they were just objects I wouldn't mind waiting; however, I don't even know if they are suffocating in a box in the cold or something. You have been warned! :(
Wai
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Post by aussieJJDude »

Ouch, sounds like this time its not going as smoothly as before. Hopefully things settle down soon - for your sanity and for your crabs wellbeing.
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Wai »

I am opening a PayPal dispute. Still hasn't returned my phone call. Thank goodness I paid with PayPal in case stunts like this happen.
Wai
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V

Post by aussieJJDude »

Any updates? Or has they still not arrived? :( Hopefully they are ok
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Wai »

Sorry about the late reply. This is my review of them.
Wai wrote:I ordered and paid $285 for two 6 to 9 cm strawberry land hermit crabs (Coenobita perlatus) online and asked to have them delivered to Qantas Freight Melbourne on Sun 11 Feb. The man on the phone said they would arrive around 6 pm. By 5 pm I still had not received any flight information; hence I called the store and was told the crabs were still in the pet store. I then asked to have them delivered on Thu 16 Feb. He said they would arrive around 7 pm, with flight information provided to me around 4 pm. Having not received said e-mail, he stopped answering the phone by 5 pm and at 9 pm, I was fed up and opened a PayPal dispute. In response, he then sent them out at 10 pm(!) and I had to drive out to the airport at midnight (I had work early next morning). I opened the esky, only to find two ill 3 cm Aussies (Coenobita variabilis) inside which you can easily buy locally for about $10 each. He ignored my offer (forwarded to PayPal) keep the two Aussies for $20 and spare them of another plane trip (it wasn't their fault that their seller was a crook). Although I won the dispute, PayPal's policies still required me to pay the return shipping out of pocket to get my $285 back. This was an awful experience with poor communication (I had to call, not the other way round, to ask what was happening), never having my calls returned and getting ripped off. The seller is indeed notorious for sending cheaper substitutes without warning and you will have to pay to have them shipped back, even if it is his fault.
Wai
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V

Post by aussieJJDude »

Oh thats... disheartening. Its really suchs that they did that though. Hopefully the issue gets resolved.

Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Wai »

Marine Fish Direct doesn't list strawberry hermit crabs on their website anymore. I don't think they even had any when I ordered in February. It was a huge waste of time and money.
Wai
Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Strawberry with Aussie crabs?

Post by Wai »

Kellyville Pets in Sydney is expecting a delivery of 15 strawberry crabs on Tuesday for $99 each. I have already placed an order for one. This is the first time they've had them in four years.

Staff member Ben said they are likely to be at least large in size, but he will confirm the size of the hermit crabs when they arrive in the store.
Wai
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V

Re: Strawberry with Aussie crabs?

Post by aussieJJDude »

Im very tempted to do so, should I do it?

Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Wai »

Let me know if you are by today, if you want I'll ask them to ship them out together and then we'll meet up somewhere. Your tank is far bigger than mine anyway LOL. XD
Wai