Awsome website for supplies and information

Place to post notices for sales and bargains.
Purple pinchers
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 3
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Awsome website for supplies and information

Post by Purple pinchers »

Here is a website i wanted to shair with you all this is were i buy all of my pets supplies from. Its realy a great place so much healthy stuff for pets and great information :) and there are always free stuff on there :)
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/?ref=4612 ... 1711-_-SUP

And here is the cair sheet for hermit crabs they have ( just something extra i thought you might like)
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/article.cfm?aid=1825

(not sure if this website ships to australia i could not find were it said)
*Pack Rat*
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: Awsome website for supplies and information

Post by ladybug15057 »

For basic care, I guess they are not that bad. But they have a picture of a PP (C. clypeatus) but under that have
"Scientific Name: Coenobita perlatus"
and they live MUCH longer than 10 years. They also state that hermies are nocturnal and eat at night? Here (and many others I have read about) the hermies move throughout the day and will even eat during the day. They do at least have a hyperlink to real sea/ocean mixes instead of the horrid hermit salts, and they do not mention providing extra shells. But for 'basic' info it is ok I guess.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Purple pinchers
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 3
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

Post by Purple pinchers »

Ya its a lot better then most hermit crab cair sheets that dont even tell you to use salt water :( .
*Pack Rat*
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Post by CrabbyJo »

This is the website where I found the blurb that mentions that Ethoxyquin may be linked to molting abnormalities. Read the overview on this page:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... atid=19648

It's good to see a supplier actually posting this information. I'd like to see more of it, this seems to be the only post on the site about it (I did a search for Ethoxyquin).

Good call, Purplepincer. :)
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.