For crabbers in Brisbane

Place to post notices for sales and bargains.
CrabbyMamma
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 3
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 1

For crabbers in Brisbane

Post by CrabbyMamma »

Here is the store I found today. He is not online, but might be useful if another Brisbanite ever comes this way :)

They do mostly reptiles and fish, but seem to have everything you might need for hermies (including hermies themselves) and the guy there seems quite knowledgable on what crabs really need :)

http://www.paulsaquariums.com/
FreeCrabby
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 0
Total gallons: 0
Total tanks: 0

Re: For crabbers in Brisbane

Post by FreeCrabby »

CrabbyMomma where do you live? I am at Forest Lake so just down the road from them... I bought some of my supplies from them to! They were all lovely people - and the assistants really helpful! They didnt have many heating mats though. Mostly just lights of which one broke but they replaced straight away! I got my tanks from them at what I thought was a good price.

For anyone in Brisbane I also got my sand from http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/cata ... rodID=5149 which is at Browns Plains - which is Logan? So for those on the Southside!
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

I do hope CrabbyMama replies, I would like to hear an update about her hermies. The last she posted was June 22 and last she logged in was towards the beginning of July.
But she wasn’t aware of how or what hermies needed when she bought her first ones like many of us.
viewtopic.php?t=3585
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
FreeCrabby
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by FreeCrabby »

ok yes! And would be good to hear from another Brisbanite!
bernice.76
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 5
Total tanks: 1

Post by bernice.76 »

Hi. I am also from that side of town - Karalee. I am going to go and check out Pauls as I need some climbing things for my 2 hermies. Will let you kow if I find some good hermit crab supplies. I just went to Ipswich Pet & Aquarium and North Ipswich Pet Store for the cocofibre, salt, sand and extra bowls. They were both ok.
FreeCrabby
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by FreeCrabby »

How did you go Bernice? I would ring first as I went a couple days ago and they were closed during main hours - not sure if they are having different hours over this holiday season. I wouldnt say they had a lot of stuff compared to some others but I did get some supplies from them as they had what I wanted at the time. They do have vines in a corner - but you have to ask where they are as I couldnt find them! I went to a store at Browns Plains http://www.yippeeiopets.com.au and they had some good things in there. So did the Pet Barn type place across from Browns Plains plaza but not a lot - but a few things. Got some good cuttlebone. Also was at Redbank Plaza watching movies on Friday and visited their pet store on the top level - they had lots of small to small/medium shells for 50cents each which is the cheapest I have seen them. But I only got a few as they were mostly to small for my crabs. I wouldn't say they were medium shells really either - just small but not micro!

Ive actually ordered some hemp climbing nets from overseas for them - cant wait for them to arrive! Also someone from down south sells moss for $8 inc delivery so I have a batch of that for them! Also another ebay seller from Oz sells some great hermie food of ebay - my crabs ate all of their food nearly that night or hid it all! lol If you want any details of any of these sellers just let me know and I will look them up!

Nice to see another queenslander close by! Hope the water is staying away for you!
kathycrabcrazy
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 3
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 2

Post by kathycrabcrazy »

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum but just thought I would pop in here quickly as I live in Beenleigh and am wanting to get a bigger tank and better set up for my crabs. Looks like I will need to spend some time reading up on everything and how I can have a great set up. Anyone else in the Logan area?
Ginger
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 11
Total gallons: 60
Total tanks: 3

Post by Ginger »

Yes! I am. It is great, because there are so many stores around here. Another great shop is Aquariums R Us at Meadowbrook, not too far-away, but they have GREAT prices for tank and stands as they are a wholesaler available to the public. http://www.aquariumsrus.com.au/ :)