Worried about one nonmolting crab

Questions about hermit crabs moulting and its symptoms.
Hollymarie9181
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 30
Total tanks: 2

Worried about one nonmolting crab

Post by Hollymarie9181 »

Hey, so, I'm pretty new at having my crabs, it's been about 2 months now, I had 4, one lg 2 med and 1 small, the lg one buried himself the day after bringing him home and I think hes dead, his iso tank stinks so bad and I'm told that's a sign of death...my other 3 are in a 20 gal tank, theyve got treated freshwater and salt water, foods changed every day to every other day, 3/4 coconut fiber 1/4 sand, 2 heating pads on one side of the tank and tons of toys and huts. Their temp stays between 70 and 80 and humidity stays about 80 give or take 5 degrees. All 3 are extremely active always playing on their toys or climbing their ropes and nets, they seem to get along I've not seen anyone try to take off another's eye or antenae, they'll have feeler fights and raise their legs or claws in the air, the bigger 2 seem to kinda charge towards the small one if he gets too close or goes in their huts but nothing violent, yet. They have about 10 to 12 diff shells amd all 3 have changed at least once. About 3 weeks ago the biggest of the 3, pinchy, buried himself after I noticed he was staying near his water food and digging all over. The other 2 were doing great, still playing and eating amd drinking then about a week ago my smallest one, duffy, buried himself, he also did the same things as pinchy prior to burying himself. Since then, my last one, huffy, has been acting really weird...I never see her come out of her hut, never see her at the food or water bowl and very seldomly when I check on her, shes hardly moved from one spot to another in her hut. She is moving but only like an inch from where she just was. She didnt start acting like that until the other 2 went into molting, should I be worried is it normal or is she about to molt as well?
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re: Worried about one nonmolting crab

Post by Wai »

I wouldn't be too worried about the lone crab's behaviour, but I would check on the one that you suspected has died.
Wai