He Finally Molted

Questions about hermit crabs moulting and its symptoms.
aries
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 1
Total gallons: 25
Total tanks: 3

He Finally Molted

Post by aries »

My giant guy, Scooter, finally molted. I am so excited he has legs and grew a new claw. I am so proud of him. I never thought he'd make it. I haven't been around in a long time and am glad to be back. Had a lot of work, we are in our busy season and finally starting to slow down. Just wanted to share.

All my other babies are doing great. I love them and am having great fun with them.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

Congratulations to Scooter (and you because you've reached the 20 post mark, and you are now a Zoea instead of Ovum).
Wai
aries
Zygote
Zygote

Thank you

Post by aries »

Thank you Wai. I am so happy with Scooter and I am glad to have made it past 20 posts finally. It took forever. Scooter is the most friendly hermie that I have. I have no idea why but he is.I will be visiting daily now that work is slowing. This site was very helpful in getting me through the molt process of another crab so I knew what to do with Scooter when he molted. He is so beautiful.

I still have one of the other two rescues from before. She is missing one leg and I am hoping she molts in the next few months and they can both go in the big tank with the rest of the clan.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Wai »

You're welcome... do you like this new forum layout? The old one made it look like there were two Hermit Crab Paradises... well now they'll know that they're together!
Wai
aries
Zygote
Zygote

Post by aries »

Yes, I do like the new layout. I have been trying to get into some of the stuff on the side menu and haven't had much success though. Are the different sections still under construction. About Us came up but nothing else. I really like the colors, layout and the pictures up above. One of these days I'll learn to post pictures and put some in.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Wai »

Sorry about that. Only links with the 'NEW!' icon work (I used that as an indication). I have not moved all the files from the old host, and I have to rewrite some of the pages since I've been learning more about hermit crabs along the way. Thank you for being patient :D.
Wai