Need some advice!

Questions about hermit crabs moulting and its symptoms.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: Need some advice!

Post by ladybug15057 »

Should be any time now Giz if she is hogging up the ocean water like that. Without touching her, can you see the color of the molt sac? The darker it is the close to molting she is. (like from a clear-ish color to turning a smokey coloring)
I know she has been driving you nuts, but she knows what she is doing... Good Luck!
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Gizaroo
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 19
Total tanks: 4

Post by Gizaroo »

It's a light brownish color currently, not really clear, but not completely opaque...it's been about the same color since all of this started. She's still somewhat active (just changing spots around the tank) and eating a little, but other than that, she is drinking alot of water and driving me nuts lol. I wish she'd just molt! :)
"My chief concern is to try to be an humble, earnest Christian."- Robert E. Lee

"If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag."-author unknown

Owned by 2 Belgian malinois, 1 mixed breed, 3 parrots, 3 bettas and 6 hermies: Blu, Skip, Theo, Scuttles, Spudnut, and 3 new E's. Rip Blaze,Luka, and Banjo.
Gizaroo
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 19
Total tanks: 4

Post by Gizaroo »

I think Banjo has passed. She was half in and half out of her salt water dish today (facedown in it). There is no sign of movement. I gently moved her out of the dish, and will check on her again when I get home from work around 8 pm tonight, but I fear she has passed.
"My chief concern is to try to be an humble, earnest Christian."- Robert E. Lee

"If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag."-author unknown

Owned by 2 Belgian malinois, 1 mixed breed, 3 parrots, 3 bettas and 6 hermies: Blu, Skip, Theo, Scuttles, Spudnut, and 3 new E's. Rip Blaze,Luka, and Banjo.