I think I hurt my recently moulted hermie

Questions about hermit crabs moulting and its symptoms.
Bug.tT
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 3
Total tanks: 2

I think I hurt my recently moulted hermie

Post by Bug.tT »

I have 3 hermies (crustle krabby and dwebble) (pokemon names ik) anyway for the past while crustle and dwebble have been buried and u miss them so much well krabby buried too today and I assumed that it was like a little adventure coz later I heard one moving around the tank and obviously not buried. I assumed this crab was krabby but now I'm not sure. I was putting the craby babies to bed yk checking temperature and humidity that sort of thing when I noticed tunnels in the ground that weren't there before. I assumed krabby as in there and since at this stage I believed he had just been out and about and couldn't be moulting my dumb little excited new owner brain shove my finger in the hole. Well boy was I surprised when instead of a smooth little shell it was a large spiky one. Yeah I panicked and re-buried crustle only to them read that you shouldn't re-bury them so I dug him back up again and didn't know where to put him so I placed him under a little shelter thing. (I couldn't find an exoskeleton) he hasn't really been moving and is really lethargic so I'm freaking out because I love my babies and can't bare the thought that I may have killed one just coz I was curious. I'm hoping he did dig those holes and it was him up and about earlier so he is done with his moulting but now I feel so bad and don't know what to don't know what to do I'm so stressed and feel so bad
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re: I think I hurt my recently moulted hermie

Post by Wai »

Don’t worry so much; if this is after a moult, the crab is probably just tired and not hurt.
Wai