SwampCrabber
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 3
Total gallons: 10
Total tanks: 1

Fish and Land Crabs

Post by SwampCrabber »

I'm planning on adding glofish in the fresh water portion of my tank. I'm getting a 100 gallon tank and I'm probably just going to put a 10 gallon tank in the corner and add a little dipping station at the top and covering the rest of the tank with a mesh lid. I was wondering if anyone else has attempted to put fish and crabs together or if you have tips or recommdations. Thank you!
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: Fish and Land Crabs

Post by ladybug15057 »

For how territorial hermies are, it has always been suggested to only house land hermit crabs in a tank.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Re: Fish and Land Crabs

Post by aussieJJDude »

Yeah, my tip is not to get glofish. IMO, no danio should be kept in anything under 10g... They need horizontal space to swim, a 20g long would be better.
Not to mention, the larger the pools the less amount of surface area available with might mean you have to cut down on your crab colony.
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.