POPPIT
Zoea II
Zoea II
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 69
Total tanks: 3

My Slightly Updated Crabitat

Post by POPPIT »

I added some plants and some coir fibre...I also had to add the medium sized shells i had as today i bought 3 medium sized crabs..missed out on pics before they buried expect for the most active ones shell...i have another plant i could put where the palm tree is and lean it over to the igloo but i think ill leave it as it for a bit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
POPPIT
Zoea II
Zoea II

Re: My Slightly Updated Crabitat

Post by POPPIT »

My new crabs were buried so i covered them an hour ago to be at peace...i just went to check the temp and lifted up the blanket to see two crabs on top of shells staring at me i quickly covered them back over...Hopefully thats a good sign...oh i forgot to look at reptile lamps today..are these ok for extra heat/light..
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Post by emmac350 »

They are fine but they will destroy your humidity so be prepared to bump that up while you've got the lamp on.
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
POPPIT
Zoea II
Zoea II

Post by POPPIT »

My humidity has been really good (possibly stable due to the coir bedding)i haven't sprayed the tank at all since i set it up on thursday but the sand felt moist and of course the coir brick had water in it...so if i get the lamp hopefully some added misting can keep the humidity up...I just checked my tank as i heard loud tapping on the glass and found the most confident crab up on the climbing log and the thermometer on the ground...another crab has changed its shell already and ran away when it saw me...the tank is a tad messed already lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.