Hermitcrablove12
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 55
Total tanks: 4

55 Gallon Tank design ideas?

Post by Hermitcrablove12 »

Hello! I've been crabbing for 3+ years and getting a new 55 gallon. (yeah!) I need disgn ideas (*) . I have a twisty vine thing, a small coral climber, a small hut, a large hut, a food dish, a water dish, a small fake plant, 10+ shells and moss. :) I use coco fiber. Any ideas? (*) Will that fill up the whole tank? I have 2 small crabs, 2 medium 1 Ecudorian and a large. Okay that's all! Thank you! :D
Hermitcrablove12
Zygote
Zygote

Humidty in a 55 Gallon

Hello again! I'm getting a 55 gallon tank and need advice for humidity. I want it at about 75-80 %. I'm also geting one of those light hoods for the top. What should I use to conrol humidity? I need the item to be not TOO expensive. :| Well, Thank you. Ideas (*) will be helpful!
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: 55 Gallon Tank design ideas?

Post by ladybug15057 »

For design ideas you could look in the gallery photo section, or read here within the Design topic area.
May I also suggest to read through the Crab Care section?
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85

Post by CrabbyJo »

Posting here because Digital asked me about my rock garden at the warm end of my 55 gallon tank, and wanted to see a picture.

(Click for larger view)

I don't see that I have a closer picture, but what I have is a separator that holds the sand back (mostly, but quite a bit does spill in, no biggie).
There is a large flat rock under the fresh water pond, which is a Corel rectangular baking dish with river pebbles (uncoated) in it that I got at Walmart. Then there are several other larger rocks (all boiled and scrubbed) placed strategically around the water pond to help give the crabs plenty of access without TOO much work, although I liked the idea of them having to exercise a bit for their water.
I also placed a chunk of coral in there for ease of climbing and for munching on. You'll also notice a reddish brown hidey on the right side there too.
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
Hermitcrablove12
Zygote
Zygote

Thanks! :) You have a real nice crabitat there! :D
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

I love the cholla pieces! It's a shame here that cholla of that size would cost me about $40 AUD each... it's quite ridiculous indeed.
Wai
Hermitcrablove12
Zygote
Zygote

wow just for cholla... I get them for like $3.00 US dollars a peice. They're pretty big too!
Jadexox
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 16
Total gallons: 100
Total tanks: 1

Post by Jadexox »

I have the same problem too wai

I only but it if it is really nice looking

ideas:
once I brought a piece that had a cave in it and I also found one that was shaped like a L so I got it so I could make a level in the corner of the tank
i made my avatar on picnik

Pet's name: wolf
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!