mindytyson3
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 1
Total gallons: 2
Total tanks: 1

Re: Newbie here!

Post by mindytyson3 »

ladybug15057 wrote:It appears he was in the corner of the tank in what appeared to be a molting next? In these recent photos it looks as though the green bowl is now there and he has another hole a few inches into the tank? Is he doing this, or? (please do leave him be)

no he is in the same corner. he came out today and i fed him a cashew. please don't tell me what i need to do with my crab unless i ask. thanks. :D
Herman
abegie
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 16
Total tanks: 2

Post by abegie »

mindytyson3 wrote:
ladybug15057 wrote:It appears he was in the corner of the tank in what appeared to be a molting next? In these recent photos it looks as though the green bowl is now there and he has another hole a few inches into the tank? Is he doing this, or? (please do leave him be)

no he is in the same corner. he came out today and i fed him a cashew. please don't tell me what i need to do with my crab unless i ask. thanks. :D
Choose to take advice or not, but when a very experienced crabber gives it for free I wouldn't spurn it so casually. Feel free to disagree and discuss if you have a different point of view, but ladybug has a wealth of knowledge that you would do well to not ignore.
Owned by Wyatt, Virgil, James, Morgan, Bat, and Ed
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

mindytyson3 wrote:
please don't tell me what i need to do with my crab unless i ask. thanks.
Excuse me, throughout this 5 page thread, as well as a couple other areas here on HCP you have asked for help and thoughts... (and many they had to be merged here in this topic you created per)

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4

And by looking at the picture? This hermie is not in the same hole in the corner of the tank, he is further out from the corner.

Edited to add pictures:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
abegie
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 16
Total tanks: 2

Post by abegie »

ladybug15057 wrote:
mindytyson3 wrote:
please don't tell me what i need to do with my crab unless i ask. thanks.
Excuse me, throughout this 5 page thread, as well as a couple other areas here on HCP you have asked for help and thoughts... (and many they had to be merged here in this topic you created per)

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4

And by looking at the picture? This hermie is not in the same hole in the corner of the tank, he is further out from the corner.

Edited to add pictures:

Ladybug, I think the hermie is in the same hole in both pictures, just with the second pic being at an awkward angle. Its also a really small tank so that second pic is from the small end of the tank so the left side of the pic is just the other corner of the tank. Hope that made sense. But I can definitely see how it would look like it had moved, I thought the same thing when I first looked at them.
Owned by Wyatt, Virgil, James, Morgan, Bat, and Ed
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

My apologies if this is the case, but looking at the photo to me it looks like the ponds are at opposite corners. Oh well...
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
hermie88
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 30

Post by hermie88 »

I agree with Ladybug , it does look like he has moved slightly although it may just be an illusion or my eyes playing tricks.

Albegie is right though. Mindy everyone is entitled to their own opinion and you can take whatever advice you choose to but i think that it is quite clear that Ladybug is full of great information and tips in order to keep our hermies healthy and happy. Perhaps you were not intending to be rude when you made your statement to Ladybug but next time word things a little nicer as everyone is here for the same reason... The love of hermies :) thanks
mindytyson3
Zygote
Zygote

Post by mindytyson3 »

he is in the same hole. sorry but he hasn't moved. the one with the bowl in it and him in the corner is from a different angle of the crabitat so hes still in the same hole. :D
Herman
ZuZu
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 5
Total gallons: 29

Re: Newbie that needs a little help~

Post by ZuZu »

Ha! he like the cashew eh? I made scrambled eggs and it was devoured by the time I woke, there was still Rose there but here was nothing left to eat. 8| She always wait til the last few bites to eat but today there was nothing for her to eat in the bowl -.- I need a bigger food bowl...
I also plan before holidays for them to have beatiful food, with a bowl twice the size of their current one for X-mas and thanksgiving. One of my favorite parts of the crabs is the way they eat and making the foods. #D
I love my five hermies:
Bumper, the socialite leader
Sticky, The Devourer
Shy Guy, Name says all.
Rose, hyper, never sleeps
Sharky, micro version of ShyGuy
Celebrating 5 years of Crabisism XD
mindytyson3
Zygote
Zygote

Split from jwheat help thread

Post by mindytyson3 »

ZuZu wrote:Ha! he like the cashew eh? I made scrambled eggs and it was devoured by the time I woke, there was still Rose there but here was nothing left to eat. 8| She always wait til the last few bites to eat but today there was nothing for her to eat in the bowl -.- I need a bigger food bowl...
I also plan before holidays for them to have beatiful food, with a bowl twice the size of their current one for X-mas and thanksgiving. One of my favorite parts of the crabs is the way they eat and making the foods. #D

oh gosh yes! he attacked that thing..ha. i can't believe all the stuff that they can eat. i have learned alot about them. that sounds great! well mine is still in the hole but if he has actually turned and he has his legs and head sticking up out of it so when he is looking i just put a little something at his hole so he can eat like that just incase he is stressing our whatever but i am glad he is eating. Monday night i put a grape there and last night when i got here it wasn't there anymore. he likes grapes too. trying to figure out what all he will eat...ha.
Herman
mindytyson3
Zygote
Zygote

Post by mindytyson3 »

he is out today for like an hour or so. i took pictures of him! he was all over the place today checking everything out. he loves cashews and grapes..ha.

definitely an E ha.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mindytyson3 on 28 Oct 2010, 09:58, edited 1 time in total.
Herman