New Straws??

Questions about identifying the differences between species.
Cheyenne
Zoea I
Zoea I

New Straws??

Post by Cheyenne »

No, I did not get any new crabs at Petco, but I am going back this week to get STRAWS! Yup, they had Straws!!! I wanted tog et my 20GL set up first. And make sure the conditions were good. And they are great!! New tank has 82% and 81*!!! YAYAYYA! I somehow struggled inmy other tank Sad So yes, I am buying straws once I go back in a few days. Probably tomorrow, since today I am going to a concert. They will be my biggest crabs!! I think there was a Jumbo, Large, and medium. I will be getting the large and medium. There may have been more under the log, but u couldn't see in. So is a large and medium straw, and 2 small, 2 tiny PP's ok for a 20GL?? Could I stillget more? Limit it at that? And if I could get more, how many, and what size??
Cheyenne
iluvhermies
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 46

Post by iluvhermies »

It depends on crowded they seem to be to you.
Big Daddy*Speedy*Doc*Spot*Sandy*Spongebob*Kolasas*Mrs. Puff*Larry*Gary*Joy*Liberty*Troy*Gabrielle*Ryan*Chelsea
Eddie*Maddie*London*Irwin*Miley*Oliver*Marianna*Dalton*
Chevin*Peeping Tom*April*Hannah*Peanut*Brandon*Brandi*
Autumn*Peyton*Zac*Corbin*Lilly*Rico*Queenie*Princess*Prince
Bruce*Cheese*Sharpay*Elmo*Chris
Cheyenne
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by Cheyenne »

Well I think Im going to stick to just the 4 PPs and 2 new Straws. They Petco I called said they had "various sizes" of straws, so hopefully they wont all be like jumbos. If they are large or Jumbo, I think I am going to wait :( But Im going today!!! I CANT WAIT!! lol, I had my friend sleep over, FOr a 2nd time in a row, just to help me pick out my new guys. She is also a hermit crab owner, well as of 2 days ago. BUT she already new alot frome me. lol.
Cheyenne
hermiesrokmysox
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 7

Post by hermiesrokmysox »

STRAWS! You lucky person!! :D ;) lol!
♥Hollywood♥LittleRed♥Qwerty♥Peanut♥Sprite♥Pip♥Paisly
http://hermielog2008.blogspot.com/
hey, im back. :)
Jaci
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by Jaci »

i agree, that's awesome! i would like some straws, but i think i'm gonna stick with my 8 PPs. lol. straws are so pretty in color!
*** Lemi *** Bebe *** Wendy *** Ike *** Craig *** Aries*** Zeus ***

RIP:
Token 1/8/06 * Butters 1/31/06 * Tweek 3/16/06 * Shelley 4/14/06 * Timmy 8/5/06 * Athena 11/6/06 * Jimmy 1/22/08 * Apollo 2/4/08
Hermies4Ever
Zoea II
Zoea II

Post by Hermies4Ever »

i love straws becuase they are so bright! I think that my next purchase will be a small straw... when the petco by me gets another shipment. I cant wait... to me itslike moving up from being a crab owner to a super crab owner considering that straws are like the hardest to care for!
Jaci
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by Jaci »

they are? how?

RIP:
Token 1/8/06 * Butters 1/31/06 * Tweek 3/16/06 * Shelley 4/14/06 * Timmy 8/5/06 * Athena 11/6/06 * Jimmy 1/22/08 * Apollo 2/4/08
hermiesrokmysox
Megalopa
Megalopa
Hermit crabs: 7

Re: New Straws??

Post by hermiesrokmysox »

Cheyenne wrote: So is a large and medium straw, and 2 small, 2 tiny PP's ok for a 20GL?? Could I stillget more? Limit it at that? And if I could get more, how many, and what size??
BTW, i think what you listed there is fine in a 20GL. I think you could maybe sqeeze in one or two more, maybe.
♥Hollywood♥LittleRed♥Qwerty♥Peanut♥Sprite♥Pip♥Paisly
http://hermielog2008.blogspot.com/
hey, im back. :)
Jaci
Coenobita
Coenobita

Post by Jaci »

i think that if they seem happy and you provide enough food and shelter for all of them to be comfortable, you're fine with adding a few more :)

RIP:
Hermies4Ever
Zoea II
Zoea II

Post by Hermies4Ever »

jacicauthon wrote:they are? how?
Well they require higher humidity, more fresh foods includeing meat, and lots of slatwater. to me they wouldnt be a crab I would start out with.