Purple Pincher Crab

Questions about identifying the differences between species.
Clare Gundersen
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 0
Total gallons: 0
Total tanks: 0

Purple Pincher Crab

Post by Clare Gundersen »

Hi, I'm Clare. I'm considering buying a Purple Pincher Crab. Does anyone know what makes this type of crab happy? (?)
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Re: Purple Pincher Crab

Post by aussieJJDude »

Pretty much salt water, freshwater, food, shells, heat and humidity. All can be found in the care guides anyway! :) Follow the guides, and they should be happy.

(I would reccomend adopting instead of buying. Many unwanted crabs can be found online; many times for free with some included accessories. Not to mention, when adopting crabs often come in pairs or more. Which I would also reccomend, getting more than one crab (of the same species).)
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: Purple Pincher Crab

Post by ladybug15057 »

Welcome to HCP! Provide for the PP what is under the crab care area and he should be okay like aussiedude suggested.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.