Different Conditions for E's?

Questions about identifying the differences between species.
jrox72
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 9
Total gallons: 60
Total tanks: 2

Different Conditions for E's?

Post by jrox72 »

I recently added to Ecuadorians to my tank, 1 of them died,and I think the other one met the same fate (its half buried in the back). I think that they might need it warmer, and that's why the died! Any thought would be a great help so i don't make the same mistake, thanks...
What started as a gift for my daugher, has turned into an obsession for me! (Everyone needs a hobby)
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re: Different Conditions for E's?

Post by Wai »

Did you isolate them first to slowly adjust to warm and humid weather, or did you put them straight into your main tank with the others?
Wai
jrox72
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 9
Total gallons: 60
Total tanks: 2

Post by jrox72 »

just for about a day, then i put them in... they seemed fine for about a month, that's when i noticed the dead E...
What started as a gift for my daugher, has turned into an obsession for me! (Everyone needs a hobby)
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

May I ask that you go and copy and paste the questions into this thread that can be found under the "General Rules and Guidelines" thread? (they are in the white box)
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4
Answer them the best you can and we should be able to help you a little more. E's do require the same things other species require to remain healthy, and I do have mine in with PP's, indo's, and rugs and they are doing well.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.