my crabs...?

Questions about identifying the differences between species.
ZuZu
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 5
Total gallons: 29
Total tanks: 1

Re: my crabs...?

Post by ZuZu »

OK no need to disscus I figured it out finaly I got one Ecuadoirian one Purple pincher one Indo and one cavipe sorry for your time and the confusion!
P.S.
whats funny is even though they are all different specise they get along fine, there are barley any fights!
I love my five hermies:
Bumper, the socialite leader
Sticky, The Devourer
Shy Guy, Name says all.
Rose, hyper, never sleeps
Sharky, micro version of ShyGuy
Celebrating 5 years of Crabisism XD
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Post by emmac350 »

Are you sure about the Indo and Cav? Those species aren't sold in any non-online pet stores in the US that I've (and most others) have found, even after years of looking.
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
ZuZu
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 5
Total gallons: 29
Total tanks: 1

Post by ZuZu »

yeah it was weird there was this one really dark colored one, It was different from the rest and it matched the description PERFECTLY, creepy huh. 8|
I love my five hermies:
Bumper, the socialite leader
Sticky, The Devourer
Shy Guy, Name says all.
Rose, hyper, never sleeps
Sharky, micro version of ShyGuy
Celebrating 5 years of Crabisism XD
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Post by CrabbyJo »

Would be nice to see some pics if you can figure out a way to upload them (maybe on a friend's PC). Sounds like you have some interesting crabs.
I always worry when ppl get exotics that they aren't sure of, because more often than not, they don't quite have the best setup for them, and the exotics are more sensitive and less hardy than the PP's.
It's extra important to have steady humidity and a good temp range, and ocean salt water available at all times.
I always have to stress, no HBH or hermit crab salt water!

Hope you can get us some pics! :)
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

If you're having problems uploading photos, photobucket has a photo album that is free and has an uploading tool to upload the photo's:
http://photobucket.com/ Then you can put the link in your post for us to view the pictures. :)
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.